Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

REQUEST: SIMPLE SIDE VIEW CBS

I know requesting a CBS is like asking for a kidney but i just figured someone could help me out with a simple early final fantasy style battle system.If you could create or share a CBS with similar attributes it would be greatly appreciated and of course credited :wink: ive downloaded almost every side view battle system and there always a bunch of complicated thing i must do to make it work. i would like to be able to use normal RMXP stlye sprites like the one found here:
http://untamed.wild-refuge.net/rmxpresources.php?characters
I dont want to spend alot of time searching and createing animated battlers (you should see my pixel art :shock: its pretty terrible) i would like the battlers to take two steps forward and have either a sword, bow or staff animation to simbolize an attack... i want there to be a wait guage like in FF7. i want the pop up attack menus like in all the early Final fantasys (attack, ability/magic, items, flee) i dont need it to be too complicated the charectors dont have to bounce around or have constant movement... ive made a example of what i want in paint i know its sloppy but its just to get an idea of what i want ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!!!
final%20fantasy%20battle%20system.JPG

i tried it i like the system.. i wish the charecters wouldnt walk all the way to the enemy and i wish the was a menu at the bottom that showed hp mp ect. but thanks im going to see if anyone else posts one or if not im going to see if someone will modify this one. i do really like the fact i can use the original sprites for rmxp in battle

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.