Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQUEST] Showing text through a call script command

Hello all.

What I want to know is how to show a pop-up text through a script command.

I'm not talking about showing an actual text box, what I mean is I actually want to have a script command to tell RMXP to draw text above the event that calls the script command.

EXAMPLE:

You fight a monster event. Win the battle.
after battle, back on the map, the monster dies/explodes and words appear on top of your characters head. (AP +1 or something)
When the words appear, it's NOT an actual message, but words drawn by a script. The words appear, stay a few seconds and fade away, without disrupting any player movement.
You know how the damage numbers appear on the screen for different ABS (such as BlizzABS and XAS Moghunters ABS)
XAS_T22.GIF

I want to basically do the same thing, but with letters and by using a script command.

I hope that was enough for you to understand.

SCRIPTS I'M USING
Enu Takentai SBS + all addons
Nachito's "All 8 Directions"
Ccoa's advanced weather
AcendentProne's FFVII Style Menu
"Health Bars" Script
Charlie Lee's Individual Battle Commands
Ccoa's Universal Message System
sandgolem's Animated Save File
Blizzard's Bestiary Script

Please someone help.

Have you tried using the UMS to do this?

\ignr\opc[0]\w[40]
AP +\v[100]

Set the window opacity to 0
Wait 40 frames
output your text using a variable if necessary

Am I missing something? Why insist that it NOT be a message?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.