Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request: Script for HP/MP regeneration

I'm from Korea. I've been searching all the available scripts with my short english, but couldn't find this one.

This script would allow HP and MP to regenerate at a defined rate when out of battle.  (e.g. 1%/sec)

The script must apply to all party members, and the regeneration rates depend on each character's MaxHP or MaxMP,

thus different rates for different characters.

Could anyone please write a script for me? I would appreciate it!

Mmmm Yea fair enough.

I think you should add a little more detail.
such as, if you want it to regenerate due to a button, or automatic?

Do you want an option to turn it off with a event?
Stuff like that really helps :grin:

Thx for the reply!

I would like it to be automatic.  Also I think being automatic is easier for script maker.

The game I'm working with is like there are so many characters that you can

choose to make a party in a way you like. This automatic regeneration would help players to

get the obsession out of their heads that they must take at least one character with "Healing".

That's why I want to have a automatic regeneration system when out of battle XD

Of course being able to turn it off with a script will be a lot more helpful, isn't quite necessary though.

Maybe it would be useful in a situation when the characters are poisoned, and can't regenerate.

Hope this helps!

Wrong forum. Script requests goes into the Script Request section, under Script Analysis
MOVED!

What you're asking for isn't hard to do.
Just elaborate more on the formula you want to calculate the regeneration rates and I'll make it for you! :)

Sure, thank you!

um.. I think two variables are needed for the user to set.

One is how frequently the regen is done, which will be set in frame.

The other is formula for the regen amount, such as MaxHP/10 or Str*5 whatever

When the formula is set, this would apply to all party members.

The individual party member could have different regen formulas, but I don't need

it to be that complicate and would just gladly accept a script with general formula.

The regeneration automatically goes on when out of battle, but can be

switched on and off by a line of script. 

Thank you, Dargor!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.