Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Request] Radio that emits static when monster is nearby

Hi, I'm making a Silent Hill 2 Remake in RPG Maker XP. If you don't know, in the game you get a radio that emits static alerting you that there are monsters nearby. So I'd like a script that would emit a sound (static) when a monster is nearby in the map. By the way I'm using Mr.Mo SBABS LITE, so if you guys can make it compatible it would be much appreciated. If not, well... that's ok. Right now I just need this script. Okay, thanks in advance.

Tyranius

You never played the game so I will explain how it works. In Silent Hill 2 the inside of the buildings is really dark. So you can't really see much further than what the flashlight lights up. The radio tells you there is an enemy near you (behind or in front it doesnt matter, it just alerts the presence of a monster) so you can prepare yourself with a weapon. I'd like the same thing in my remake. When you get near a monster the radio will emit the static and you will know there is a monster nearby just like in the game. (My game is gonna be dark too so the player wont see a lot further). So I'm looking for a script that would do this. If I don't find a script I'll have to switch to XAS ABS because you can setup anything you'd like (including sounds) that happens when you're on the sight of a monster. I just don't like to configure this XAS. It's way more painful than Mr.Mo's. Anyway if anyone can find the script it would be much much appreciated.

Regards,

Tyraniuse

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.