Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Request] Game Files Change

Another script request  :blush:.

Request
I am requesting multiple scripts, all having to do with the game saves.

Saving
I would like it so that when the player goes to a save screen, all it does is says, "Would you like to save?" or something, and the choices would be "Yes" or "No".

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... equest.jpg[/img]
In the picture above, I made a mock-up(using Mr.Mo's system)of what I'd imagine it to look like. The window would be the game's windowskin.

If they choose "Yes", it saves over the current file they're in, or the next one if it was a New Game. Then continue the game. Another thing, if the person chooses a New Game and there are already four files, check New Game.

If they choose "No", it takes them to the map screen.

Notes:
  • Opens up a window when Scene_Save.
  • The window is the game's windowskin.
  • The window is semi-transparent.
  • The window is centered above the map.
  • If "Yes", the current player's file is saved over the file they're playing.
  • If it's a New Game, save over the next empty file.
  • If "No", then go to Scene_Map.

This should be compatible with the script above(Duh.)

Whenever the player goes to the load screen, it should be normal. Then, if they pick a file,(one that's filled in)a new window would pop up, over the load screen, with three choices.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... quest2.jpg[/img]
If they choose "Load", then just load the file.
If they choose "Delete", delete the file. That might be pretty easy. But I'm no scripter so how could I know?
If they choose "Cancel", then remove the window and let the player choose a file.

That was pretty self-explanatory, but if you need more details, ask.

Notes:
  • At load screen, if they choose a file, a new window will pop up, over the load screen.
  • The window is not transparent.
  • The window shall have three choices: Load, Delete, and Cancel.
  • If they choose "Load", then just load the file.
  • If they choose "Delete", delete the file.
  • If they choose "Cancel", then remove the window and let the player choose a file.
New Game
This will probably be the easiest of the three. All this needs to do is that when the player chooses a New Game but there are already four files, a new window should pop up saying, "There are already four files. Delete a file to play a New Game."

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee13 ... quest3.jpg[/img]
The picture above should give you a general idea of what I'm talking about. Once the player presses C the window should be removed and they should be back in the normal Title Screen.

Notes:
  • When the player chooses a New Game and there are already four files, a window will pop up.
  • The window should be centered, over the title screen, and have 255 opacity.
  • The window's text would be, "There are already four files. Delete a file to play a New Game."
  • After the player presses C, remove the window and return to the Title Screen.

Conclusion
That is the end of my request. THANK YOU(bold italicized orange) if you do this request.

~speedolphins

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.