Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request for multiple scripts.

Rather than make any sort of traditional RPG, I intend to make a kind of story driven, action type game (if that makes any sense at all). So the things I need would be:

1) A script for a platform type battle system. Basically press a button next to an enemy, they get hit.

2) A way to randomly generate events, like weapons breaking, characters appearing or not appearing, etc...These can either be completely random, or based on actions taken by the player, certain items they have, amount of money, whatever.

3) A clothing system. Not for armor, but a kind of system that will make what kind of clothing you have on affect you in certain temperatures. Like, if you go to somewhere that's really cold, if you don't have warm clothing on, you're ability to function will get hindered. Similarly, I would like a way to have the clothes you wear become dirty after a while, causing other characters to notice how they smell (this isn't vital to gameplay, just a funny extra I'd like to have).

4) Finally, a shop system that allows for you to pick up items and take them to counter for purchase. Also part of this, you will be able to shoplift, and as long as your not seen by anyone or cameras, you will get away with it.

I know its a lot, I guess I have some pretty grand ideas for my game. :biggrin: I've just recently started using RPG Maker XP, so I'm not all too familiar with scripting just yet. Thanks in advance for any help. :thumb:

The shop lifting is so easy to event I could do it with my eyes closed. Not really but it is easy all you have to do is have a conditional branch that has any one "looking" at you i.e. they are turned to the right, left, up or down depending where the looking event and the stealing event are.
For random stuff just set a random variable with a conditional branch that activates when the number is a specific number or range is reached (can also be used for lock picking or other things as well) and the first one easy too simply have it so that when you walk next to an enemy you press enter and an animation is shown (use show animation NOT show battle animation) and the enemy takes damage then you take damage then the enemy then you and so on and so on until one of you is dead. The clothing guess what easy too when you go to an area that is cold simply have a parallel process that if the player isn't waring appropriate clothing a state comes into play (more realistic) that lowers the stats of the player of course you have to create a state and event for each situation (i.e. you are in the desert and the player puts on a fur coat a state such as overheated comes into play) but the dirtying thing easy to that needs to be a common event that is on a timer that when it runs out a variable change occurs causing a "dirtying" variable to in crease and when it hit a certain point or points you could have different switches turn on that changes the way npcs react to the player. well that is how they would all be done if you are confused pm me about any one and I will sort out your problems for you.

Was I saying it was difficult,
I'm just too lazy to do it,
and still you also have to reconfigure the script
'cause the script works so that if you leave with items you won't have them anymore

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.