Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request: Equipment Skills + Skill Combos

Maus

First things first: I'm using Sephirothspawn's Equipment skill script (Version 2).

At first, I tried to see if it was compatible with Trickster's skill combo script, but unfortunately it wasn't so: after incorporating the script, several skills simply stopped working, so I had to retract the script.

I would like to have a Combo Skill script that worked harmoniously with Sephy's script, or a new script that combines both features:

-Attaching skills to weapons (Sephiroth's)
-Having the characters learn their skills through the use of the weapons (AP points) (Sephiroth's). Once the skill is learned, the weapon can be removed to acquire a better weapon without the risk of forgetting the skills.
-Learning special combinations of movements
-Performing combos: The right succession of movements in a fight by all (or some) members causes even more powerful attacks and effects to be unleashed.

Does it sound plausible? :)

Maus

Yuppers! first thing I did. The outcome was that the first set of skills that weren't working started working, but another set became inactive.

I truly wish I were good at scripting, but unfortunately I'm the musician/artist, and coding is my weak attribute :(

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.