Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

<request> Custom save menu

Ok, I dont plan on it being much different than the original save and load menu, but I dont want it to use the window skin. I want it to use a picture in the picture folder (duh) to choose the skin of it. Also, I want it to display every parameter. So, in text (sorry I can't make a pic of what I want at this time ,sorry), heres how it would look for the parameters and everything: (If you need better reference of what I want, I'll make an actual pic of it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(First | Character Name Character number
Chara. |
Graphic) | Atk Parameter 1
| Phys Def Parameter 2
| Mag def Parameter 3
character | Current HP Parameter 4
Portrait | Max HP
|
| Character 1's equipment
|
|
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats how the save should turn out looking like. For the character number, I want each character to randomly get a number at the begining of the game. Because I want my game to run alot like real life (If I can get a real time script or something that runs the clock even when the games not on), this will affect certain events kind of like pokemon ruby/sapphires loto ticket and island thing. For certain events, every day it'll randomly generate a number (with 6 digits always with the first digit as 1. So 1xxxxx is how it'll look) and if its equal to one of your characters digit, then that event will happen that day. Where the line going down in between the character graphic and the parameters part should be an opening so that you can see black in between them. If you can't or don't want to do this with the script, I'll just make the image for the skin of each save slot like that. I only plan on having 2 save slots, so the save slots will be bigger than normal save slots, and will be able to fit more in there than what my little diagram shows.

For the value of the character number, it should always be between 100000 to 199999. If you can make either of these 2 scripts, thanks you.

Script Names:
Custom Save menu

Character number generator (at the begining of the game it should instantly generate all the characters numbers, so there should be only around 20 numbers in total.)

Will a mod please delete this topic, I had an error when posting and I guess it posted 2 of them. sorry =/ plz delete this one.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.