Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Request: Battle Add-on

RuGeaR

okay, guys... listen up (read up)... =p
i was watching Tales of Destiny Remake, Tales of Eternia and also Star Ocean: The Second Story and i had this in mind... So i'd like to make a little script request... i'd love to put it in my game...

i was thinking two things:
- speech before battle begins
- speech when the battle ends

#1 - Speech before battle begins:
I have 20 actors in my game in total (yes, 20), but in battle, only 4 will fight... i have no idea where can i get 20 sound clips (17 male, 3 female) for all my 20 actors (and actresses)...
so, i was thinking, how about just display a quick normal conversation window before each battle... the conversation window will close automatically after a very short while, let's say 2 or 3 seconds each 'speech'... not all 4 will 'talk' though, just random 2 actors will start saying something before the battle begins...
oh, of course, i want the 'conversation' in the battle itself... just as soon as the battle begins and before the battle command selection begins... happy.gif

#2 - Speech when the battle ends (victory speech)
similar to the above, except this one is after battle... but this time, only the one who does the last action or finishing move will 'say' his/her victory line... in some cases which the enemies are poisoned or burned to death, then the actor who has the next turn can 'say' his victory line or whoever! (up to the scripter to make)

the conversation will show both face and text and the text can be modified in the script... each actor will have only 2 speeches for 'speech before battle begins 'and 2 'victory speech'es...

p/s: i'm using Tankentai SBS, hope someone can make it compatible with it...

p/s2: please don't mind my english... as i always say, i'm a muslim from a malay country! XD i'm still trying my best to make people understand my english...

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.