Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[REQ] DHD script + Stargate script. Moderately complex.

Here is the link to my project thread.

While I'm getting the database done (not RMXP, but list of all addresses in the series). I'm also going to work on the scripts/gather scripts.

Unfortunatly I have a limited knowlage of Ruby, so I was wondering if anyone would help me with this script.

Obviously, one of the first things I will need is a DHD script.

A window like that could pop up (With better graphics obviously) and you click on each "Chevron" (storing the chevron in a variable) using a mouse input script.

Once all 7 (with the possibility of 8 + 9, with a switch on) chevrons are encoded, you press the big red button in the middle :)

That would store all the chevrons in an array (I think that's the correct term).

Then the stargate script would have to check to see if the array is == to one stored earlier. If so, it would activate an in-game switch (which would turn the Stargate activated event on). if not, then play some strange "fail" sound and don't activate the script.

When you step through the stargate, it would check to see which array it is equal to, then transport the player to that map, (most of that bit i think can be done with events).

Obviously little things have to be added, such as a few different "looks" for the DHD. Remote dialers. An Iris, + the fact that stargates deactivate after a certain time (make it 3 minutes instead of 38).

i think i can a little help you.
but i have questions:
1. if the order impotant
2. the buttons should be save in the array by name or by id?
3. adress with 7 can also be aktivated if 8+9 is bee aktivated?
4. i see what i can do with the add-ons.

1.The order is important =]

2. In an array (yay, i got it right ^_^)
It'd be something like this @stargate_address = [Stagittarious, Pisces, blah, blahblah, blahblahblah, something, something_else]

3. If you inputted 8 or 9 things into the array. The stargate would only work if you had an external power supply (aka: if $extra_power == true)

4. Thanks for helping with the addons! Spriting the DHD and Other Dialing things (such as the Puddle jumper one and a computer ect) is quite important.

1. ok.
2. i make Array of names
3. i mean if you also can put 7 when you have $extra_power
4. if you have the other stuff i think is ths not the problem

5. im to bad to make the full script. i can only make parts.
but i have ideas for interesting effects

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.