Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

REPUTATION SCRIPT

Hi, i've not seen a script like this around, or atleast i've not found one in my 3 odd yrs of using rpgmaker XP.

A reputation script: meaning.. in multiple towns you could have reputation points you could gain from say
quests ect.. Here's a link to a quick mock-up i have done with a bit more info on it..

http://i768.photobucket.com/albums/xx32 ... xample.jpg

I would like this made for rmxp, (rgss), and if possible scripted so it should not cause any other scripts to fail.

This is something I would like to add to my game, as I have a spare space on a big ring menu I'm using
and can't for the life of me think of anything else to add into my game other than something like this before I
start adding side-quests into it.

It's mainly something a little extra for people to look at in-game or to keep track of how mny quests they have
completed until all quests are done in all areas, towns, cities, dungeons, ect....

I hope this can be made.. it would be an awesome script to have about, with a little bit of tweeking it
could also be used as say - an extra screen that displays weapons proficiency instead of quests but done in the
same way, for example, everytime u equip a new wpn there's a few points added to it that will raise the bar, as
the bar fills up the weapon could get stronger or something.. im sure there's other things it could be used for..

Anyhows.. PLEASE check the link for the small mock-up i've done, it's the rep screen from battle of the immortals
but i have tweeked it a bit to suit more how I would like it.

Thanks.

another few ideas for use of this script could be..

ingame.. you ave 2 warring cities.. you could have reputation scoring for both but if you
do quests in the 1 city reputation would drop in the other city.

Maybe enabling/disabling some quests in each city wen rep is high enough or too low.
(i knw above idea could be done by a simple event and making it so the main characters
lvl has to be a certain lvl before the event appears, but thats not injunction with the
rep system).

Alright, Captain Caps... I guess let me finish of the on-topic stuff first: This is a pretty simple thing, just requiring some window creation, pre-scripted bar insertion (which you probably already have from a copypasted battle script you're using), and assigning those to an ingame variable each. It's a pretty easy start to get involved with RGSS a bit, and will take an hour the most to complete, with a tutorial at hand or not... would probably take me about ten mins.

Stop reading here if you don't like constructive input.

Since you're still here - off we go to the stack of reasons why I won't even take another glance at this request (With the main reason being that you should try stuff first before you throw it away, and that clearly hasn't happened here):

First of all... I'm glad you took 5 seconds to create a mockup that says nothing more than "I'd like a meter with an icon and number display of each rep in a vertical list", because most people don't take the effort... could've spent a bit more time to do the whole thing on an RM-looking interface, so whoever you want it to do isn't completely in the dark about what you want it to look like.
Then, it's not really of any interest to who many people a 10 minute script will be interesting... frankly, I don't even give a damn what you want it for, as you want it to be scripted, not discussed, right? Besides, if it is that versatile, you'd think people will see that by themselves.
Last but definately not least, though - and I was seriously jaw-dropping here - there's the ring menu argument. You have a ring menu (I'm not going to ask why, but it's probably not a fuctionality decision), and there's an empty spot in it. You're trying to fill it, and that's why you need this script done... Now, seriously, if you design your whole game like that, you should maybe wonder if you're designing the game, or the game's designing itself... REALLY.

omg! lol sarcasm and arrogance all in one! I really don't care about all that what you said bluescope.. I had a script idea and i posted it! granted.. this script will fill my extra space I have in a ring menu but it's not a requirement, I could put something else in there. All you have proven is no wonder people don't request that many scripts when there's people like you who just mock other people for ideas they have.... clearly you have some issues that need to be sorted.

lol u call that good manners? he insulted me from the 1st sentence, there was just no need for him to say that, so he should have expected some type of bad reply from that, whilst yes he did in a sense give me a way to look at making it myself, for that i appreciated that option, I just didnt like the fact that he insulted me from the moment he wrote what he did. So I really think you should be saying to your friend that he should really try not to be so insulting to other people, it's not nice at all and certainly not proffessional if he's trying to teach other people ways to go about scripting themselves.

If you call 'Captain Caps' an insult, than I don't know what to think of "hey scripters, here's something I only need because I don't think about my game too often but just paste stuff in there... make it, or I'll blame it on you that noone requests anything"... actually, the reason for people not getting their requests done might be that anyone decent enough at scripting to do it can tell that their project isn't going anywhere, and that investing 20 hours of their freetime aren't worth spending on a battlesystem that probably needs to be re-done because the person didn't document it right from the begin with... but yeah, I might just as well be the reason.

And let me mention the core content of my post again, because you didn't even seem to notice it: You don't decide you need a ring menu, and then try to come up with more features for your game until it's full - you decide upon what menu options you need, and then figure out what menu layout to use. Hell, even if you do the first way - just adjust the maximum ring item count to whichever-you-have-minus-1... >>

decanos78":t2fg37oe said:
I really don't care about all that what you said bluescope..
That would be the reason why you see sarcasm and arrogance in it.

But yeah, I really wanted to give constructive advice up there... not trying to turn this into anything other than a request thread.

Hey man.
Even if you do provide some helpful critique you dont have to present it in such a rude way
teaming up on someone who is asking for a script request doesnt really fly with me.

Its great to give constuctive feedback it is not great to like totally destroy requests.

lets just calm down , its true that was kindda rude, if u get offended by his request or think its silly cuz he just drop everything on other ppl just ignore it (its a request for anyone who want to take it right?) ,not everyone can script u know (heck i dont even know how to make a window) everyone got their strong and weak point.
and @decanos78 try not to insult @bluescope , he take the time to write and help u after all, and i guess he speak from his experience (which i prob wouldnt know as im not a scripter) so respect him and take any advice u can get.

I understamd what feeling people have about this.. though I do apprecitate BLUE for coming back to this topic after clearly stating that he was'nt gonna give this another view.. you know what.. im that grown up that i will say.. YES blue DID try and help in the sense by giving me a way to look at scripting for myself, but if I was that great i woulda tried doing that myself.. scripting is not my forte, hense why i asked for help.. not abuse.. (hence what i thought what scrip request forums was all about, clearly i was wrong.).. in ANY case.. im not gonna take this any further. being the fact.. this issue is over, i got no wish to rant over something thats CLEARLY got out of hand, thanks for anyone who posted here on my request.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.