Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

rename "magic" for each diff. job?

i just need a simple script that will allow me to rename magic for each character job and have them all differently named. i have 10 jobs in total. i need it not only in the battle screen, but also in the menu and everywhere else the jobs "Magic" is displayed

so battle options, instead of them being all like this:
(attack)
(Magic)
(Item)
(Defend)

i want to be able to rename magic for each character and make them all different. so for one character i can rename it: "skill" and for another i can name it "alchemy" or "black magic", etc...
hope i made that easy to understand. :\

anyways, thank you! i hope someone will be able to do this for me. :]

what? where? i did search for it. i looked through the forum listing, which is all messed up, i might add... and i searched using the search feature... i thought i had been pretty thorough. im sorry, i must have not been calling it the correct thing. trust me, i find it just as annoying when people dont search and just post.

i just looked for it again, still couldnt find it. im either looking in the wrong places for the wrong thing, or it doesnt exsist... there might be some BS with this attatched to it, but thats not what im looking for.

Trickster made something called Advanced Battle Commands which does exactly what your request is but loads of other stuff as well, but it is 100% customisable. Search it up, its easy enough to use if you have some basic RGSS knowledge.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.