Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Rapture and Relinquishment, providence

First thanks for the help everyone and I'll try not to spew things too fast...
BTW I am trying like hell to accomplish these things on my own but cannot seem to...

Rapture

Each time an enemy/player with Rapture strikes, the amount of ecstacy they feel increases and thus hit%, attack power and speed to as well..However there is also a down side in that evade int. and PDEF drop on a similar curve the other way. Also each attack compounds the fatigue usage. At a certain level Rapture ends and fatigue begins...fatigue is similar to stun.

enemy/player_id => { gain_str => {DEX_gain => { AGI_loss => {EVA_LOSS => {int_loss => {Number steps before fatigue}}}}} }

Relinquishment

Relinquishment is the opposite, each time a powerful enemy attacks they release anger and all that pent up goodness, thus dropping their causing the effect of lowered speed, attack and a temporary HP reduction. Like Rapture though, they can spring back to nearly full health when they are renewed.

enemy/player_id => { str_Loss => {hair_loss => { AGI_loss => {EVA_LOSS => {Number steps before recovery => { recover_%}}}}}

Providence

An enemy/player will have a certain blessing bestowed upon them if for instance their hit points are exactly 4, or they would have otherwise been killed by one hit, or struck with a sword....

A good example of a providence effect would have been, attempting to Kill a necromancy with Dispell Necrology in a graveyard or burial area...causes the summoning of 2d8 Ravenous Corpses to avenge him.

However with this system I'd be content to have something like Fire IMP is hit with a fire spell, the IMPS next attack is Sulphuric Cataclysm.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.