Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random

This is a little hard to explain, but, I really need this, so here I go. What I need is a script that; like a Conditionnal Branch, have randomization.

Something like below:

Randomization:

if random = yes:

move event speed to fast (example)

if random = no:

move event speed to slow (example; not needed in the script :) )

Also, if I do not want a "random = no", it will not cause an error if I leave it blank.

I hope you understand what I need, and any help you be very much appreciated!!

~ Scars :)

EDIT:

Here is an e-mail I sent to crazymew to better explain myself:

I see you read my "Random" request. I'll try to explain it better.

Ok, It's like a Conditionnal Branch. Let's call it Random Activation. When I posted this:

Randomization:

if random = yes:

move event speed to fast (example)

if random = no:

move event speed to slow (example; not needed in the script)

"Yes" means it has randomly selected "yes", so it will do what is asked; in my example; "move event speed to fast".

"No" means it has randomly selected "no", so it will do what is asked; in my example; "move event speed to slow".

Also I'd like it to be continuous, meaning after a random amount seconds or something, it will wait a random amount of seconds, then agian randomly picks if it will be "Yes" or "No".

Thanks in advance,

~ Scars :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.