Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Weather Generator v7.0

YES!!! YES!

When I saw it raining outside when I was in the tent, I nearly dropped a brick in my pants.

That ALONE is enough to make this the best thing that ever happened to RMXP weather--the other stuff is just gravy!

You know what, this completes my script collection. Time to get started on my game, thank you ever so very much. I will try this demo, and return with many happy messages.

Venetia said:
When I saw it raining outside when I was in the tent, I nearly dropped a brick in my pants.

Thank god I don't flat with you. I sure as hell wont be sitting on your seat! Lol.

OS

Sponsor

Wow, you guys are awesome! Such comments make me ever so happy. I'll go think of some new brilliant script to write.

EDIT: Added link to demo in the DLM.

OS

Sponsor

It is working fully. I just haven't finished all the Plug-Ins...

EDIT:

Plug-In #2 will be Regional or Seasonal weather.

This came up in ccoa's weather script idea thread.. what about combining multiple weathers? It would require a bit more than a plug-in, I bet, but it'd be pretty neat. Leaves and Rain, for example.

Yes, I think if there's only rain so it's not very various. For ex: in autumn, some leaves will fall down. Ah, i have a question. What's storing time?? So that i can put current time in menu.

P/S: i think if it's raining, the screentone must be dark. Could you make a plugin to change panorama and screentone with weather. Ex: if the weather is raining and time is morning or afternoon, screentone should be dark

OS

Sponsor

I am still trying to fix that problem. Screen Tone changes are in the core script. If you look closely, you see they kind of work, but not in the way they are supposed to. So, what do ya'll think of the Regional Plug-In? Seasonal requires the Game_Time class from 7.0, but it needs to be edited a bit before being used.

About mixing weather, that's not exactly my field of expertise. I suppose I could try and edit Game_Screen to allow a max of two or three effects at a time, so when you start a weather effect manually it will add that effect to the first empty weather slot unless you pass a third argument that declares a specific index to be used. May sound confusing, it'll be easier to explain when I do it.

Alright, I'll try that. I am not guaranteeing a perfect release like my Inners Plug-In (which is so awesome, and simple!), but I'll do my best to complete it.

A thought: another way to do this would be to alter RPG::Weather like Ccoa did, but from what I've seen in her script, it would probably double its size.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but..
I made a map with all weather effects [1,2,3]
but it just shifts from rain to storm. it never snows.
also, can I make it so the rain stops by itself, randomly?

OS

Sponsor

Rain should already stop by itself at random. As for the snow issue, I noticed that while testing, but I assumed it is just because of some factor I didn't think of with my random index bits.

Try making a map with only snow, and tell me if it still won't. If so, than I believe there is something wrong with snow.

I tried snow alone, it works fine.
you say the rain should stop by itself, how often does it happen? cause I test play for 5 minutes and it keeps raining.
it could be my luck, though. :)
I have a problem with disabling the weather too. I made a single event with the script ''$game_system.weather.allowed = false", and pasted it to all my maps. when I test play, sometimes the weather is disabled, and sometimes it's not. I know the event is working cause I made it show text "weather disabled", so I get "weather disabled" and yet it's raining.

OS

Sponsor

If it started raining before you entered a map that disabled weather than the weather will stay. That command only stops weather from randomly generating.

Anonymous

Hmm, I find it strange that people are having problems, I for one haven't had one yet, and I am still impressed by the scripts you are creating.

OS

Sponsor

Thanks, Arbiter.

Has anyone tried to Regional or Seasonal Weather?

Well, since this is almost done, and no one is biting in Commercial Games, I'll get started on the RGSS TCG again. Peace!

it never stop rainning if i dont create an event is this normal? if thats normal, i think that could be better with that anyway is a great script

OS

Sponsor

What?! Let me check the link...

Oh...404...WHAT HAPPENED! NO!

If any one has the Demo, please send it to me so I can update the link; it seems that I have lost it...*cries*

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.