Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Weather Generator 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know how to make that if you in house or somthing there isn't weather: You just need to make a list of maps that the'r are "in" maps (in the script) and make some thing like: if Castle Town In do switch weather off else switch weather on. somthing like that.. :D:D:D:(:D:D

OS

Sponsor

You must use the Memorize and Restore methods as described above to turn off weather when inside a house. No need to do anything else. Peace!

I keep getting a syntax error on line 258 and 259.

Also, I am confused on how you are supposed to set regional weather to a map(still farily new to XP).

OS

Sponsor

I just tested the script a few eeks ago, and discovered this error. I don't understand how there is an error (I assume and end statement is missing or added). Please wait for my next release (a complete rewrite.) If you need a Rand Weather Gen right now, I suggest Calderon's Time Script (I didn't realize he made a random weather gen in his sript until just recently.) Peace!

Akahi Aomitsu;154993 said:
I just tested the script a few eeks ago, and discovered this error. I don't understand how there is an error (I assume and end statement is missing or added). Please wait for my next release (a complete rewrite.) If you need a Rand Weather Gen right now, I suggest Calderon's Time Script (I didn't realize he made a random weather gen in his sript until just recently.) Peace!

That's fine. I'll be waiting for the next release.

OS

Sponsor

I am sorry to report that I will not be finishing this script right now. I am taking a break from my Broken Resource Pack and RandWetaher Script. I might finish them later, or I might not. I would like to start fresh. If anyone needs a System or Random Generator, PM me, but please do not ask me for my RandWeather Generator. It has potential, but I don't feel like I can take it further at this time. If you really need a good Random Weather script, I suggest using Calderon's Time script with built in Weather capabilities.

Peace!

(Sorry if this is a necropost or whatever. If it is felt to be needed, someone can delete this topic...)

gorechild;155018 said:
I tried to use the script and theres an error on line 225..

Read below next quote, I just wanted to let you know I found the fix!

OptimistShadow;161876 said:
I am sorry to report that I will not be finishing this script right now. I am taking a break from my Broken Resource Pack and RandWetaher Script. I might finish them later, or I might not. I would like to start fresh. If anyone needs a System or Random Generator, PM me, but please do not ask me for my RandWeather Generator. It has potential, but I don't feel like I can take it further at this time. If you really need a good Random Weather script, I suggest using Calderon's Time script with built in Weather capabilities.

Peace!

(Sorry if this is a necropost or whatever. If it is felt to be needed, someone can delete this topic...)

OK, so I found the fix for the error that you don't have enough time to fix. All you have to do is add a carriage return and "end" at line 255. (Displacing the current line 255 to line 256) The funny part is that I have absolutely NO IDEA how to script.

Also, I apologize for necroposting, but I felt that since this would probably be a very popular script if it actually worked, it was definately worth it. I still haven't tested the script yet, but it didn't give me an error message...

OS

Sponsor

I just looked over it, and it seems that you were close (it was a different line in my compiler, but I found it, sure enough.) Now there seems to be an error with some other parts of the script. I have plenty good news, though!

I will now be working on rewriting this script. I will use it to learn all I need to know before my return! I leave you all with the promise that this script will be better! I will be back within a few days, or weeks, or months, but I will be back! Peace!

heres what i got to say... okay ready...

Weather - within map name- if (Plains) or (snow) or what ever... like the time
script to show the effects for a map... -blah*
this way the script checks the map and uses the effects, and you
can still use the memorize and restore to cancel and resume for homes.

Effects - there should be Tone lines to change the tone of the screen, this
way the user can change it to their full happiness.
For the Storms, maybe random lightning effects, i used this once before in a simple event... seems cool, screen flashes and thunder sounds at any point like a 2 second wait... Variables to switch on other effects like Twisters or dustdevils... this would be nice...
you said you have the sounds covered :thumb: thats nice...
and fogs would be nice as said before... an overcast might be sweet...

i may edit this... but this would be a sweet script...

Edit 001:
::Break::
Edit 002
Right now im using a simple event based random...
Variable set up as 'Random'

event
Control Variable - Random - random between 0-whatever your chances...
conditional if Random is 1 or whatever...
weather blah
screentintblah
anything else blah... (if you want lighting make another variable as Storm and set it up as i describe below)
conditional if Random is Blah or Blah
weather none
screen tint 0 0 0 blah
anything else to normal...
then wait blah to your chances...
storm event
control variable random 0 to whatever
if random is blah
screen flash -blah
(wait or immediate sound)-blah blah...
wait to whatever you want...

sorry about the blahs... i don't feel like i should have to do examples for something simple... ;)
this works in a way... just do different things for certain areas...
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/kaleryuu/Lightningeffects.jpg[/IMG]
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l287/ ... fects2.jpg[/IMG]hehe... lightning strikes...

in one of my old 2k3 scripts
have i a system that the sunshine events
in the House at thunderstorm also show for a sec.
can you do this also?

boon

Sponsor

Oh god, the horrors of necroposting. It's getting a lot more common.

Re-read his post. You NEED Ccoa's Weather Script. Then, read the bit that says events. Add [PLAINS] For plains weather... etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.