Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random NPC-Message Generator

Hello, rmxp.org.

One script or base is necessary for its creation (I am simple have some skills in scripting) for me...

Whether probably to make on RMXP the system generating a random choice of the text from definitely set phrases at NPC? Better to say, NPC at conversation with it can give out the text not in a certain order, but from a certain set.

It is desirable, that this system has not been based on SDK and MACL.

What on earth? Have you no sense of grammer? You do know that its HBgames.org? Now that my rant about the english language is over. Yeah I would like to see this. Oh and a better title would be Random mesage generator foe npcs.

Atoa

lol...
Do you know something called *Events*

I suppose people think that scripters have no life, since they ask things such this, that can be done easly with events...

Jason

Awesome Bro

Lol yeah I agree with Atoa

It really pisses me off that so many people request scripts for something that is AMAZINGLY easy to do through an event...

Just use an event with a variable inside it, call the variable NPC Speech or something, make it random between any two numbers, like 1-10...

Then do a conditional branch for each of the 1-10 selections, and make the NPC's say something different on each one...

It's SO easy.

Yeah I guess your both right. I'll have a go at this when I get on my laptop. It shouldn't be too hard it would most likely be a set of random variables and they would activate conditional branches and they would show text and the like so you will have to wait about an hour or two while I get it to work and fix all the (hopefully nonexistent) kinks so watch this[

] space.
EDIT sorry I haven't got round to this yet my laptop doesn't seem to want to work.

Yes, I badly speak English, but it does not prevent to understand to me everything that to me write. I perfectly KNOW English so to offend me it is not necessary.

Atoa, I know your works, and I know that you are very occupied. But the given system cannot be realised by means of system of event.
You see in any case the first answer will get out... And it in any way is unacceptable to me. Here therefore I would like to receive such system in a script which could generate such system of messages.

This isn't true. In my game we are using simply events to have NPC's and other characters say random things each time you talk to them. All you need to to do is use "control variables" and set a batch between two different numbers. Then you use conditional branches that use each different number from the batch, and under each branch you put whatever text you want! It's hard to explain without pictures, but it's really easy to do once you get the hang if it. ^_^;

Jason

Awesome Bro

W.A.N.N.F.H.":3egx6apt said:
Yes, I badly speak English, but it does not prevent to understand to me everything that to me write. I perfectly KNOW English so to offend me it is not necessary.

Atoa, I know your works, and I know that you are very occupied. But the given system cannot be realised by means of system of event.
You see in any case the first answer will get out... And it in any way is unacceptable to me. Here therefore I would like to receive such system in a script which could generate such system of messages.

... Or maybe, just MAYBE, you could read my post which explains how to do it without having to use a script, stop being lazy and do something yourself (Which by the way, is VERY simple), instead of bothering scripters to do it for you...

Who's making your game, you, or Atoa ? o.O

Atoa

@W.A.N.N.F.H.
If it's prossible even to make *complex battle systems* via events (i've done an isometric CTB via events, so i know what i'm talking about), how you can say that an simple random message system isn't possible without scripts.

RPG Maker 2000/2003 don't have RGSS and there's a lot of games with random messages for npcs.

Before asking such thing you should study eventing.

Jason

Awesome Bro

... Or just use what I said, since I basically spelt the answer out !!!

Just use an event with a variable inside it, call the variable NPC Speech or something, make it random between any two numbers, like 1-10...

Then do a conditional branch for each of the 1-10 selections, and make the NPC's say something different on each one...

Zeriab

Sponsor

You say that the system cannot be evented? (Or is impractical to event?)
This suggest that I don't understand what you want to do.
To give an example of how I understand what you want consider these 3 different message:

Message 1: Hello there!
Message 2: It's such a fine weather today.
Message 3: Hi, I hope you are fine.

You would then want a NPC which tells you one of these messages at random when you talk to the NPC. Eventing that is fairly easy and the growth of such a system is not be problematic.

Please come with an example where you illustrate how you want your system to work.

*hugs*
- Zeriab

Jason

Awesome Bro

jъГìsт":3hg84njx said:
... Or just use what I said, since I basically spelt the answer out !!!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.