Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Enemy encounters for XAS battle system.

I was wondering if someone could put together a script to work with XAS that enables random battles.
My idea is this.

When a encounter begins the background music fades out and the battle music fades in. The screen freezes where its at and you cannot continue past the screen borders till you have finished the encounter( kind of like in old sidescrolling fighting games like battle toads or double dragon. The enemys appear from possibly set places for enemys to come out of. For example. You are walking down the road and suddenly you encounter three ninjas. They would appear to fall out of the sky in front or around you. Or say you walk by an ally way, suddenly a mugger runs out and and attacks you. Kind of like that. Maybe you could set it up with the map settings where you determine what enemys appear on that map and how many steps. Then on the map you just make little events here and there where enemys spawn at. And maybe set how they spawn from those points(fall from sky, run from a direction) or have those set depending on the enemy.

Hope I made sense. This would really help a lot if someone can manage it.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.