Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Random Encounters via events

I've looked, but can't seem to find a script that will do this so I might as well request it. Basiclly, what I'm requesting is a script that lets you decide which enemys show up in random encounters via an event. I imagine having somthing like a parralell process event or something on each map (or not) that lists the troops to be encounters (And average number of steps) instead of it being done by right clicking the map name in RMXP.

This can allow you to do things like make a room have easy enemies, then (after a certain event or something), make the room have harder enemies.

Also, one thing that would be a nifty feature but isn't neccessary is the ability to customize the chance of a monster appearing based on percentage. For example, you could do something like this:

Avergae steps for monster encounter: 30
Chance of Ghost appearing: .80 (80%)
Chance of Zombie appearing: .80
Chance of Skeleton appearing: .30 (30%)

So, in 30 steps (or around), you have an 8/10 chance of encountering a ghost and a 3/10 chance of encountering a skeleton.

Or something similar to that :)

Thanks to anyone who can do this.

Not some bad ideas. Though I am personally against the waiting for x steps and would be more for in this range, you have an x percent every step of a battle.

But anyways, I do have my Encounter Control system in my test bed. You can just add comments on events to control everything. I will be sure to update with your suggestions here.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.