Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Radnom Dungeon/Random Monster/Item Spawn

Introduction
Well, for those of you who have played Chocobo Dungeon 1&2, Torneko the Last Hope, Pokemon Red/Blue Rescue Team, etc. etc. you would know that what makes them different from other rpg games, is that revisiting the random dungeons are always, well, random! This made these games fun to try to master, whether it be collecting every item, mastering weapons, and unlocking everything.

Idea
What I want is a script/scripts that would enable each dungeon visit to be randomly generated every visit, and random item/monster spawns, along with random chests and other stuff. There was a random dungeon generator for the rpg maker 2003, but I wasnt sure how to use it, so I wont try.. yet. But I have high hopes for the great scripters here, who I think can do it.

My Promise
Well, my promise is that if anyone would make a script for this, is that I would give full credit, and if I do end up making a game with their script, they will get a first beta. (I know its not much, but I cant do anything more unless you could think of anything)

FAQ
If you want to know more of what I'm talking about, (if you havent played those games) then ask questions and I will post under FAQ.

Thanx,
Yours,
Raz.

[Edit]Darn, made a typo in my title, well, hope that doesnt confuse anyone, XP

Hmmm.. have you guys played chocobo dungeon, or the games Ive listed? Well, in any case, the random dungeon generator isnt too bad, the item spawner I still need to try, and about the whole Idea, I might have to wait on this, because I'm going to learn some scripting myself. xD SO, if someone still wants to help, it would be apreciated. =)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.