Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Racing/Driving

Request:
1.)
To have fake height simulations like in some racing games for the Genesis and such where it looks like you are going up hills and there is a panorama in the back, sort of like mode7 but it's not always at the same y horizon.

2.)
A pixel movement where the sprite only moves in the direction you are telling it to go at a pixel-by-pixel movespeed according to a varible, so when the varible is 1 it will move 1 pixel per 10 frames, and when the varible is 40 it will move 40 pixels per 10 frames.

3.)
Acceleration and Braking
Press the C button and the car will accelerate at a rate dependant on this forumla

acc = ((carweight-rpm)/(horsepow - aerodyn))

example

acc = ((3150 - 2000)/(310 - 150)) = 7

which means it will reach 10mph in 7 frames

Thank you if you can help me.

...You just said a script that has already been out..Two actually..Every one of those "Requests" is a script..And the last one you can make with events...This needs closed or something.

Pesudo3d isn't out, or at least not the way I'm looking for, like the whole racing thing with hills and such, if you played Super Hangon, you'd know what I mean, and the Pixel Movement script that's all mighty isn't compatable with a lot of mode7 scripts.

The mph thing probably can be done with events but I want the sprite to go forward at the same time when the C button is pressed so if you could tell me how I would do that it would be nice instead of just knocking this down without giving it a chance.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.