Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quest Status - My First Script :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I'm a complete idiot in scripting but i'm trying to understand how it works, just got 4 questions..

i know how to call a script, but how can i let the quest screen called up by pressing Q or any other key?

how do i make the quest that is still not accepted invisible? i know that it's written in this topic, but i don't understand a single word of what u wrote...

can i let the character gain skills by completing quests? and how is it done with scripting?

last question (i know ur already annoyed form me :D) how can i let the quest fail? i mean if i turn off the switch it will count as passed? (preffered using scripts)

THXXXX

BUMP! (XD my first bump! how cool!)
Please, answer Razlken & mine question:
How to make a quest appear only when started?
In wich line we should put the strings that Trickster mentioned:

Trickster;66038 said:
3) The problem Chopsuey mentioned can be fixed by moving your first conditional statement to cover the whole block like this, that way if the quest hasn't been started its will not appear on the list
Code:
  if $game_switches[1] == true #Starting Switch
    self.contents.draw_text(5, 2, 320, 32, "Delivery") #Quest Name
    self.contents.draw_text(155, 2, 320, 32, "Skeleton") #Quest Start Point
    self.contents.draw_text(258, 2, 320, 33, "...")
    self.contents.draw_text(353, 2, 320, 32, "X")
    if $game_switches[2] == true #Completion Switch
      self.contents.draw_text(425, 2, 320, 33, "...")
      self.contents.draw_text(510, 2, 320, 32, "X")
    end
  end

REQUEST: Maybe you can make it so that when a quest is completed, it gets deleted from the quest log if the player decides to do so. Thank you.

sorry guys, this script was written very poorly and i basically quit rmxp. maybe one day i'll remake this script when i'm bored, but i can't promise anything.

Mainly because of how old this topic is... I think SaveFile deletes them after 1 month, and this is nearly 4 months since the last post, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.