Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Quest For Glory Scripting

First Id like to apologize if the scripts are already made I just cant seem to find them with this new forum setup. SO CONFUSING!

Im looking to make a RMXP version of some of the old style Sierra games like Quest For Glory. So here is what Im looking for...

Script 1 : A way to type commands in to obtain items or do actions. For example... if there is a shovel on the ground and it is an obtainable item you would bring up some sort of window to type in a command. Then you would type in "pick up shovel" or "take shovel" or any other variation of the action to GET something. Then a window pops up stating you got the item and adds it to your inventory. If you mispell or try to do something that isnt possible in that particular map or even AT ALL... then a message comes back telling you something like "I don't understand what you are trying to do."

Script 2 : I KNOW this one was made but I cant find the exact one Im looking for. a Gold Silver and Copper three currency system. 10 Copper = 1 Silver 10 Silver = 1 Gold sort of thing. Of course its not just changing the currency in your status windows but the whole shop system as well. There was one that actually displayed an icon of the coins.

Script 3 : I THINK I seen one like this but not sure... basically a single player menu screen. WHen you level up you can use upgrade points to increase Strength or Agility etc. It just needs to have a few options. Status, Inventory, System (System contains Save Load and Exit) To equip weapons and armor just select Status and it moves over to your character as if you were about to upgrade stats but will have the weapons and armor just below.

I think thats about it... again I apologize sincerely it has been a VERY long time since I have even opened RPMX let alone come to this forum so I am VERY outdated! In conclusion... if you want an idea of what Im looking for just look for a free download of Quest For Glory 1 by Sierra (Also known as Heros Quest but the name was changed due to copyright laws) Any questions please ask! Thank you for reading this!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.