Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pushing/Pulling Events [RESOLVED]

Hey, I was wondering if I could get a very important script for my game. It's a contest project, so I'm hoping someone can help make it REALLY soon (before February?) I'm working solo so it's very tough for me to put together scripts, so I'd appreciate it a LOT if anyone could help me script this. You'll be credited, and I might even help you if you need it after I finish my game.

Basically, I want the player to be able to push or pull defined events while holding Z (keyboard key D). It should be self-explanatory, the player moves forward or backward with the event depending on which arrow key they press.

I tried this with eventing already, but it was very painful with the timing, and there were a lot of bugs, like sometimes you could go through the object. So I think it'd be best if someone could help me with a script instead. I'd like it to be non-SDK, and also, since I'm still new at Ruby, coded to only work if switch 39 is on. Thanks a lot if anyone can help!  :rock:

Regimos

EDIT: Ehh.. never mind. I solved it through eventing (it was just a stupid mistake on my part). I might make a tutorial showing the code I used to do it after I release my game, if anyone's interested. But thanks anyway!

.. :microwave: ..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.