Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PS4 Launch Line-up - What are YOU getting?

How many launch games are you buying?

• 1-3

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • 4-6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10+

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Jason

Awesome Bro

So we've got a list of games that will be releasing with the console now, I know there's one for the XBOX One, but I'm not getting it at launch, so I'm not bothering to make a thread, although to be nice I'll post the list in a spoiler at the bottom, lol, however, I will say this, the One is launching with 23 games, whereas the PS4 is launching with 33 games... just sayin'

Retail Games
BFlioW4.png

Digital/Indie Games

4ejUJrn.png

I nabbed these from a thread on VGChartz (Yeah I'm a forum user there, kill me...)

And now I'm going to paste a post I made straight from said website (Wall of text incoming):

My post from VGChartz":3d012481 said:
Well, it's a pretty interesting list, some good, some bad, but there's some definite buys on there for me (Maybe not day one, but definite purchases)...

Drive Club, not sure if I should just get the free Playstation Plus version, or buy the full game, since I prefer physical copies anyway, and it comes with extra content... hmm, either way I'll be playing it day one, lol.

Killzone Shadow Fall, this is a no-brainer for me, since I LOVE the Killzone games, and this looks great ...and pretty!

Assassin's Creed IV, because I'm a huge huge HUGE fan of the series, even III which was terrible, was still fun, and Liberation on the Vita was too, lol, but this looks gorgeous, I love the setting, I love the scale, I love how free it looks, and pirates, oh do I love pirates (Pirates of the Caribbean (Some of my favourite films ever) with assassin's, it's an instant win!)

Watch_Dogs, what can I say... Aiden has hacked into my mind and told me to buy it, I think 99% of people can agree it looks awesome!

Knack, he looks cute! And I reckon the game will be better than people think, I mean come on, Japan Studio are great at making games!

And then we move onto the PSN games...

I'll grab DC Universe Online since I played it on PS3 and PC back in the day, hopefully more people will be playing it now, it was fun when I played it, and I hope there's new content, I know there's new powers which could be cool...

Warframe looks cool, seen my brother play it with his friends on PC, but it's one of those games that looks like it'd play better on a console, the gameplay looks great too.

Blacklight is on that list too, I've not played it, but I'll get it to try it... it's a zombie shooter, so yeah?

War Thunder! I first saw this advertise on Facebook and thought it was some terrible small game, turns out it's a pretty big WW2 MMO which really interests me, I've seen gameplay videos and stuff, and I want it!

And now, to end the F2P MMO list, lol... Planetside 2, definitely downloading it, I've seen my brother play it on PC and it looks gorgeous and really fun, I COULD play it on PC, not sure why I've not even downloaded it myself... meh.

PS. Are the above games mentioned crossplay? I've heard they are, but would like clarification, cheers!

Anyways... Resogun! It's going to be free for me, so why wouldn't I want it? It looks pretty hectic and fun anyways, like Super Stardust... which I'm going to admit, I NEVER played, not sure why, but I've seen others play it, and it looked really fun...

Finally, I MAY buy Minecraft, depending on if my mates buy it on PS4 too, I mean, I'm sort of burned out on the PC version, but very few of my mates are actually PC gamers anyway, so if it's cheap enough, I'll bite, for their sake...

Wow.

I'll be buying five games... yet I'll be getting twelve... that's fucking brilliant!
I'm actually glad it's coming out later in the month for me now (29th) since it's my birthday on the 17th, so some of the money can go towards the games!

Yep, that's me, I'll be buying five of the games on that list, but I'll be playing twelve of them, so I reckon I'll be set until next year when inFamous Second Son comes out, and any other games around that time...

What about you guys?

PS. If Mega doesn't post in this thread in the next 24 hours, I'm going to give his dog cancer. If he doesn't have a dog, I'll buy him one, then give it cancer.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts) - free for those who pre-order the XBOX One
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

None of these really call me, so I guess I won't get a PS4 at launch afterall xD
I mean.. the only one that really interests me is Watch Dogs...

Spoo

Sponsor

I'm already down for an XBO, but I do plan to nab Watch Dogs ASAP. Probably getting Battlefield 4 as well, since I'll never be able to run that shit on a PC within my budget.

Mega Flare

Awesome Bro

i have killzone and assassins creed 4 on pre order already. I might get drive club if ps+ eddition sucks... btw not all of those are day one. its 33 games by end of this year lol. but yeah so pumped for my ps4...

Jason

Awesome Bro

C-0719":1pzek5a4 said:
i have killzone and assassins creed 4 on pre order already. I might get drive club if ps+ eddition sucks... btw not all of those are day one. its 33 games by end of this year lol. but yeah so pumped for my ps4...

I was told all of these games will be out at launch, but even if not, there's only five weeks to the end of the year, doesn't affect me anyway, I'll still have tons to play, lol

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.