Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Profiles are going away

ccoa

I will be removing the zoints! profiles next Sunday (8/12/07), and replacing them with a journal/blog plugin instead. We gave them a trial run, and they just aren't working out. Please back up anything you have in them that you want to keep, after they're gone I will not be able to get that information back for you.

Sorry to those of you who like them, but they have to go.

Mea

So, I'm guessing this mean the entire profile system is getting nuked, not just the message board/blog stuff.

Well... As long as it has private entries, I'm good. Gotta have my scratch pad.

ccoa

It is resource intensive, buggy, ugly, and may very well be the source of the memory leak which is causing the recent site problems.

Untra

Sponsor

Great! maybe this time it will except my user photo and allow me to actually do something of worthwhile with it. >_>

Rye

sirsk8aton;258572 said:
Why do you all hate it? It was just like myspace..unless everyone thinks myspace is the "devil" too...

If it's just like myspace, go get a myspace account.

sirsk8aton;258572 said:
Why do you all hate it? It was just like myspace..unless everyone thinks myspace is the "devil" too...

For the reasons that ccoa just listed a couple posts above you:
ccoa;255846 said:
It is resource intensive, buggy, ugly, and may very well be the source of the memory leak which is causing the recent site problems.
With emphasis on the "memory leak" part.

Also, myspace comes very close to being the devil IMO, so getting rid of something that's "like myspace" is perfectly fine with me. But, this isn't really the place for that debate.

Anonymous

sirsk8aton;258572 said:

because an amateur game dev forum is no place for flashy bloated pseudo-web 2.0 social networking bullshit. aside from this we went through hell and back trying to get the fucking thing working properly. zoints is far more trouble than it's worth. if you want to make a buddy list, use myspace or facebook - they exist solely for that purpose. if you want a midget forum to discuss a project or something, invisionfree and proboards are still alive.

also it's sunday!! thank fucking god.

Anonymous

sirsk8aton;258572 said:

Why am I not fucking surprised.

Listen Myspace is one of the worst coded, teenage angst filled lumps of shite on the internets, and bringing that into a perfectly functional forum is undefendable.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.