Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Problem!

I got the Materia script and the Final Fantasy VII menu script.
The thing is I have installed them correct but to call the Materia equip
screen I have to use this code $scene = Scene_MateriaEquip.new
in a call script command. The thing is I want to acces the materia from the menu.
How shall I do to make it work?:S

You need to change the class in the script editor called Scene_Menu
Here's a little tutorial on what you need to do.

1. Find the s1= s2= s3= etc near the top of the script. This is the initialization of the text that will be displayed in the menu. For example if you put s7="Materia" then "Materia" will be displayed in the menu.

2. Now you need to add the instance variable that you created to the menu. For example if you created s7="Materia" then add s7 to the list in the Command Window. It should read somthing like command_window=Window_Command(160, [s1,s2,s3,etc]). Just add your s7 to the array of s stuff. It should be located directly under step 1.

3. Now you need to call the script from the menu. Just scroll down until you see a case call and a bunch of when 0 blahblahblah when 1 blahblahblah when 2 blahblahblah. You need to create a new one. It is a little wierd but
s1 corresponds to the when 0 statement
s2 corresponds to the when 1 statement
s3 corresponds to the when 2 statement etc
So if you want to add a 7th item to the menu then you have to create a when 6 statment. So just type
when 7
$scene = Scene_MateriaEquip.new
end
It's that simple. You can also customize it by changing the color or the selectability, but just look at the other when statments and you should get the idea.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.