Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Problem with Seph's State Pops script

Sorry, I couldn't find the thread for this script so I started a new one. Also sorry that in the last week I've started like 5 threads here lol....

But yeah, the script makes it so that when someone is inflicted with a status effect, it will pop up above their head just like damage does. But the problem is that if a status effect ends after battle, in the next battle it will say, for example "Strength Removed" at the very beginning of battle. Which I guess isn't all that bad, but yeah...just a minor thing.

I guess it should either say "Strength Removed" at the end of the battle, or just not show it if it was still active at the end of a battle. Also, this applies if you use a status curing item outside of battle.

Also, is there a way to show all status effects that players/enemies have that's compatible with RTAB?

Insert this below that script.

Code:
class Scene_Battle
  alias_method :seph_statepops_scnbtl_main, :main
  def main
    $game_party.actors.each do |a|
      a.state_pop = false
      a.state_pop_message.clear
    end
    seph_statepops_scnbtl_main
  end
end

Thanks for the error report! :D

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.