Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pretty Hard Script Request

Arkon

Hello everyone
I have big request for you guys, can anyone know or would like to make script with self-decorating house??
For example: you bought house its empty but by some items (ex:"chair" in inventory) you can place them in your house in game and lock them to not dissapear...
Is this even possible??
Thx for any help
Arkon

PS: I'm very sorry for my bad language;/

Sauk

Sponsor

Do you mean Animal crossing style where you can customize the location and direction of the furniture or do you mean more like there's certain fixed locations where certain item silhouettes are and you can place that item type there?

I'm bad with verbal descriptions so here's a visual to better explain the fixed location and item silhouette concept:
Vktb8Oz.png

Note: I am proper terrible at mapping so excuse the horrendous interior decor choices; I also am not a scripter but I want to help you better explain yourself so someone will be more likely to fill out your request.

Arkon

Well i was thinking about placing objects in front of actor/player at any place in room

like in this example:
y8rp.png

Using item from "backpack" made box in front of player the direction is not necessary

jgu6.png

More important is that objects do not disappear when the next entrance to the room
and (if its possible) make some operation on this items (for ex: opening the chest/box or going to sleep in bed) - this point is not needed but still would be very helpfull
I hope I made ​​myself a little clearer... if not... well i will try once more... ^^

You can do a quick solution through events :)

- Fill all the areas of the map (where furniture can be) with events. Each event should have a variable dedicated to it. Variable's are the ID's of specific map parts.

- You have 2 states for each event. 1 - empty place, 2 - (triggered when variable is > 0) map/sprite part of the furniture. Make a common event which is simply a lot of conditional branches setting the event graphic depending on variable ID. Call that common event from each event.

- You would probably need a few more variables depicting which type of furniture is set where.

And poof, there you have it. :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.