Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Potion Mixing Minigame v1.1

I'm actually going to use this in a small project I'm working on.
What a coincidence that this appears when I decide to make a game about alchemy.

Eilei;272759 said:
Actually, this is already sort of a hidden feature. Just change INGREDIENT_MAX to the maximum number of potions you want to mix at a time. I haven't tested much over 2, and you'd have to manually add recipes for 3+ ingredients.

It's still hardcoded, though, and not a player choice. Maybe next release I will include it as such.

I knew about this, I just wanted to make it so the player can choose. Would it be possible to set the number of that value to a variable and maybe before the event I can change that variable to the player's liking with events?

Eilei

Sponsor

kaze950;272815 said:
I knew about this, I just wanted to make it so the player can choose. Would it be possible to set the number of that value to a variable and maybe before the event I can change that variable to the player's liking with events?

That's precisely what I had in mind for a future version.

Eilei

Sponsor

Updated to version 1.1, including the lone bug fix and most of the recommendations.

Please let me know if you find any new problems.

Nice. The add-ons make this even more addictive!

If you don't stop improving this, I'll never have any free time.

(That wasn't a request. Please keep improving this.)

Eilei

Sponsor

gratheo;273407 said:
Nice. The add-ons make this even more addictive!

If you don't stop improving this, I'll never have any free time.

(That wasn't a request. Please keep improving this.)

What improvements would you like to see?

I don't really have plans to make the game more complex--the person using the script can make it as complex as desired by changing the recipes and such.

Is there anyway to make this work automatically? Like, still do the graphics and such, but make it automatically work (Like, you select x amount of potions and the animation of them going down the tube and mixing shows, but you don't actually have to connect them).

That'd be an interesting feature, for those who want a potion mixing thing without having to make it a mini game.

Eilei

Sponsor

Jaide;274029 said:
What an awesome minigame! Kudos! ^_^ What's the name of the song that plays?

Thanks! The music is Loituma's "Leva's Polka." It's meant just to be a placeholder for whatever original music you want in your game.

kaze950;273988 said:
Is there anyway to make this work automatically? Like, still do the graphics and such, but make it automatically work (Like, you select x amount of potions and the animation of them going down the tube and mixing shows, but you don't actually have to connect them).

That'd be an interesting feature, for those who want a potion mixing thing without having to make it a mini game.

I suppose it's possible, but it seems a bit silly to go to all that work and NOT rotate the tubes! This feature will probably not be implemented any time soon.

Em... you will forgive, I am the Russian developer and here appeared first and my English can show oneself twisted. Is link in this theme non-working, you would not could to substitute it by working?

Many of the downloads of the scripts here do not work because of the move. I guess we'll have to wait until someone comes along who has the file..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.