Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Posting Ruby/RGSS. New [code=rgss] tag

e

Sponsor

As the topic specifies, we would now like to notify (and encourage) authors to use the new phpBB GeSHi enhanced source code syntax highlighting when posting their scripts.

To use it, you can put your source code between the following tags:

Code:
[code=rgss]

or
[rgss][/rgss]
[/code]

It is greatly encouraged that script authors or anyone pasting a script snippet use the above, as it eases the reading of source code.

Right now, the highlighting is tailored for RGSS 1 (or RMXP RGSS), so special modules like Vocab are not recognized; however, most modules or RGSS classes such as Graphics, Input and Game_Actor should be recognized by the highlighter and thus correctly annotated.

Thank you!

NOTE: There appears to be a character limit on the highlighter. If you're posting a large script, you may need to use the plain [ code ] tag.
Remember to turn off line numbers before you Cut/Paste. - BREW

That tag is bitchun'. Srsly. It's like a spoiler and code tag, plus the awesomeness of whatever you guys did to make a Select All button. Now, if people will use it...

I just wonder if you can make that tag being contracted by default, instead of expanded. This way, it's not as functional as a spoiler, so yeah... I'd suggest to make that the default instead of how it is now.
Other than that, excellent work. The only other thing I can imagine is having the original RM** script editor colors.

Two thumbs up for you guys.

I go through all ass-kicking options.

Line number On/Off | Expand/Contract | Select all

Lin number On/Off
Wtf, fantastic. Imagine, a RGSS noob like me says:

I get this error:

SyntaxError line 45
nil is not a symbol

I want to use this script, plz tell me what I should do.

Then the autor of the script can just check his script in his first post without counting all those lines.

Expand/Contract
Like "rey meustrus' said. Spoiler-function

Select all
Yippee, I won't need to waste time with scrolling time. It takes 10 seconds of my life away that I could have used for buying sweets, or, maybe, check out the new [rgss] tag.

Overall: 9,8 / 10 .
I'd like it if it was also on the "tools" bar. Next to the "code" tag.

Hey, wtf, I just found out it colors the lines automatic. Let's test that function out.

Alright, first, thanks for taking the suggestion of having it collapsed by default... that's really handy. So yeah, here come some other things I noticed would probably be helpful:

- [rgss] tags won't expand when nested in
tags, which you might wanna change...
- I'd like to replace the 'Expand to see the code' text by putting an argument to my tag, just like the spoiler does... [rgss=Multiple Language VX], for example... not hard at all.
- You might want to auto-open the
Code:
-tags though... it's kind of a hassle to open up every single not-too-big code tag for just one line...
- It's kind of a cosmetic thing, but I say the blank lines above and below the 'Expand to see the code' text are really unnecessary and take away important space. Plus, it looks awkward if you expand a tag with only one line of content.
- Still RM-like highlighting :]

Ah well, not trying to bother you guys too much... it's an awesome tag as it is already, so yeah... I'm only expressing my perfectionism here ;)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.