Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokemon style battle system

Hello ye all. Probs none of you remember me, but i've re-taken up rmxp! woo!
And so, i would rather like a script, if at all possible.  :smile:
It would be, as i said in the title, vaguely based on a pokemon style system. It would be with the normal RTP widowskin etc. (i can change that later if needs be) but what i really need is a customizable battle options menu, with a 'switch monster' option or something, so that you can view the monsters in your team, and switch between them.
    I am contemplating another idea as well, involving teams from two seperate players being shown on the same side (i.e. you team up with someone and use their monsters) but i think i could make the player reckon that was happening by non-script methods. However, an AI for a monster on your team would be quite good... *hint hint* lol
    But mostly, the customized menu would be awesome. I'm trying to learn scripting too, so if you could vaguely say how you did it, twould be great!

Thankyou!!
-reason2breathe

Have you seen the pokemon starter kit? It has a complete set of pokemon scripts including:

Pokemon battle system

Whole set of Pokemon

Pokedex

Safari Game

Menu

etc

I could show you the pack if this is what you're looking for.

Which starter kit? I've had a look at a couple, but i don't know whether the scripts are interdependant or not, and so i'm a bit wary of taking them out of context... Any hints would be appreciated! :p

I thought so. That's the one I looked at. Any chance someone could point out which script does what and which are dependant on others? Sorry, but I REALLY suck at scripting... :)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.