Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokemon NXT

Right...
Okay...
Before we start; I have two minds about posting this.
There are obvious reasons once you start playing however I'll leave it up to y'all weather or not you like it.

Pokemon NXT is a 3d pokemon game made in unity. I don't think it's that long into development, or maybe it is. They've got the basic battle system down and stuff and all together seems like it could become a solid concept however there are a few things to note at this stage.

I think the game is barely playable as a full game. It's cool they got random pokes walking about, but you can kinda sink into water and tree collision is buggy as fuck.
As well as that, the blatant rip of rpg maker RTP animations leaves a bad taste in my throat...
The song they chose also gets annoying. They could have had pallet town or something...

With all this slander being said, it could become something. They should not have released a playable "alpha" demo to the public yet, however I guess we can forgive them for that one since it is a nice thing to see.
Interest will most likely die when they realize how big a project they are working on, or they will eventually give up.
If/when it's released, it will be a big thing though.

THOSE ARE MY TWO CENTS! WHAT'S YOURS?

I don't think switching control over to the pokemon is a good design choice. You're suppose to be a trainer. What's the point of training a dog to fetch if you're just going to get it yourself? You might as well play as the Pokemon the entire time and make the trainer follow you around. Potentially you can avoid attacks just by moving out of the way. So movement and speed is something they'll have to work out.

Vladimir Potion":3g2ds7kj said:
a 3d pokemon game made in unity
Nope. No thanks. No way please.
5B7GYlz.gif

The best Pokemon fan-games I've seen all have the 2D GBA art style, I think the next step is go semi-3D like the DS Gen IV games, having a full-3D Pokemon game is very much the dream that we all had when we were 11, when you grow up you kind of realise why they haven't gone and full-blown done it, I mean, X and Y still have the grid-based movement in most locations, GameFreak themselves aren't ready to take the leap into a full-3D RPG.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.