Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pokemon Game Help

Hello People Im Making a Side Project For A Friend Of Mine He LOVES Pokemon so Im making him a Game I have about 4 problems ( I'm Using RMXP )

1: The Tile sets I Find The Hero Walks Straight Threw Them Dont Know How To Fix

2: Battle System Im Still Searching For a Proper Battle System Which Download Link Actually Works and Is     
    Good

3: A Script That Makes a Pokemon Menu With Full Features Such as Bag For Items, Trainer Card,  Pokemon, Save Option, Options ETC

4: That Exlemation mark You Get when you walk in Line with a trainer or a event (eg Mum )

And Some Pokemon Scripts.

Please Keep In Mind That Im A newbie and I don't No Much About Scripting
You Dont Have To answer all Of them But You Can Answer The Ones You Know A Solution For

Thankyou In Advance For the Help  ;D

Thankyou for the Help I Just Found Another Problem With The Tile Set I Use This 1 http://C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\Desktop\WOOO\Pokemon Dark Crystal 3\Graphics\Tilesets\Pokemon Outside Tileset\[/img] Sorry If Dosent show Look at This
A Discription is a Old wooden Looking Pokemon Town The Backround Is White
Im Trieng to Get The Backround Green as In For The Grass Auto Tile instead of having little white chunks at The End of the Tiles I put down

Sorry If Makes No Sense

imarealboy99":19c83ajb said:
Thankyou for the Help I Just Found Another Problem With The Tile Set I Use This 1 http://C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\Desktop\WOOO\Pokemon Dark Crystal 3\Graphics\Tilesets\Pokemon Outside Tileset\[/img] Sorry If Dosent show Look at This
A Discription is a Old wooden Looking Pokemon Town The Backround Is White
Im Trieng to Get The Backround Green as In For The Grass Auto Tile instead of having little white chunks at The End of the Tiles I put down

Sorry If Makes No Sense
You need to put a grass tile in the first layer and that tile in the second or third layer, if I understood you correctly.

And for your other things just wait for demonfire's pokemon starter kit.  You can check out the thread in Early Projects forum.

imarealboy99":un6rk6v0 said:
Sorry That Didnt Help The Backround For The Chipset Itself Is White
Well when you imported it, did you make it so that the white background is transparent?  If you did, which you should have, the white shouldn't show up in the second or third layers.

It is a lot harder then you think, to make a good Pokemon Game. You need the character graphics, ever cry, every pokemon (Icon, Battle graphics), tons of scripts (Battle, Dex, Safari Zone) and tons of things. I suggest before you start all of the small things start the BIGGER things. Might I suggest The Spriters Resource for things.

And you are still going to have to find tons of scripts, though. I'll look around, although chances of somebody making you a battle/menu script for free have very slim chances. But I'll help you if you need anything.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.