Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Poem about an imaginary friend =3

I see you, Belief
Flowing through my mind
Here with Amber, Belief
A love not like any kind

What was here has gone,
Belief was done
The world was all but safe

The people have died,
I hide inside
As the damned have risen from death

I don't really know this board well enough to know how etiquette to responding to stories/poems is when the poster doesn't specifically ask for it, so I'm going to just put my response to it in a spoiler tag. Sorry =/
I thought the ending was rather abrupt, really - and maybe could be reworded to really let me come off with a stronger feeling for the poem as a whole; as sometimes the ending of a piece will often change a readers mind as to whether they can remember the poem later or not. Otherwise though, I thought overall it was very good.

Xilef":2yradunc said:
I see you, Belief
Flowing through my mind
Here with Amber, Belief
A love not like any kind

What was here has gone,
Belief was done

The people have died,
I hide inside
As the damned have risen from death
I agree with the above post, but it's not just ABRUPT, it makes no sense. It's like TRYING TO BE DEEP but completely fails. I mean seriously, it's OK(apart from a few things, will talk about later) up until the second stanza, where you've got:
What was here has gone,
Belief was done
First of all, this really is a COMPLETE change of theme, which unless it furthers the previous points or introduces new points, isn't really a good contrast. What is Belief's role? You've obviously got some sort of LOVING FEELING here but I don't really see why the world is UNSAFE at all. I know the point that is trying to be made, personifying Belief, and the lack of it will KILL US ALL. But the personification is done quite badly, due to a lack of content + bad wording etc.
My second point pertains to the whole poem. No other punctuation other than a comma is used, and it is really a bitch to read while trying to interpret the actual poem. Try to use a few full stops and dashes to effect.

The intention is good, can't say the same for the execution.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.