Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Please, please tell me you've read this: Ichigo 100%

Has anyone read this, it's a manga about a boy named Manaka Junpei and his endless girl troubles, I really want to know if anyone has read this so I can see what other people think of it I got a link to were to download it from it's Yanime.com (just follow the link). Also what other manga's are people into The usual Naruto, Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist etc.. the usual or different types of manga like 100% Ichigo type ones. Let me know I'm all ears:

Personally, this sounds very stupid. Like Tenchi Muyo. I mean, I have no problem with a funny anime (I enjoy BoBoBo, not the english one of course), but a guy with endless girl troubles? There's like, a million of those already. Maybe it's just my tastes, but the only anime I like is more then likely different from the rest (i.e Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, and Lupin the 3rd for example). This sounds like your average school girl lolipop anime :-/ Sorry.

DopplegangerSora said:
Maybe it's just my tastes, but the only anime I like is more then likely different from the rest (i.e Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, and Lupin the 3rd for example).
Are you kidding?

Not really. Those two are some of the most original anime's I've seen, and two of the best ever in my opinion. I seea few imitations of it, but nothing as good.

Isn't Samurai Champloo Kenshin with rap music? Or am I thinking of something else? Hard to tell, all anime tends to be the same these days.

...Samurai Champloo is NOTHING like Kenshin. The only similarities are samurai's and katana's. And it does use Rap Music, but in a smart way. And unlike other anime's, it doesn't take itself to seriously at all. Overall, a very enjoyable show to watch.

lmao; we were bugging a dude at my school who had on a Samurai Champloo shirt. He was totally pissed at us XD.

Anyways, we're drifting off topic. Heard of it, but never read it.

Dude this is nothing like Tenshi (but then again I only saw the english one) first off it's not so much girl troubles I guess I'll have to explain it more, well the entire story is kinda based around strawberry panties, it starts with him meeting a mysterious girl who appears to fall fro the sky ( later you find out she doesn't) He then sets out to find this girl, as he aspires to be a film director he plans to film the moment her skirt flies up, he thinks it'll look good on camera. Anyways the next day at skool he asks his skool friends wat they think and they say that it is most likely to be the best looking girl in skool "Nishino Tsukasa". But just as he says that Nishino hears and say that she is weariing strawberry underwear. Upon hearing this he thinks that she's the Strawberry girl, so he decides to do everything in is power to get her to like him, and decides to confess toher the next day. Also whilst on the roof he finds a maths book that is owned by "Toujo Aya", He also see here the next day to see if she's the strawberries girl but is dissappointed to find out that she is just a homely girl with glasses and a ponytail. He tells her about it and she gets a little touch on the subject of the maths book and half shouts at him not to read it. That night bored with doing homework he decides to look at Toujo's notebook think why is she so touchy about it, after the reads it he is entranced. The next day he has an animated conversation with Toujo about the book saying she is very talented and if she didn't write novels it would be a waste of her talent, he also tells her his dreams of making movies. Also as he has no idea of how to confess to girls he asks her who says that he should confess whilst doing sports for a joke, but Jupei taking it seriously thinks that it's an excellent idea and runs of to class. When he gets back to class he talks to his friends about how he's going to confess, after that he leaves and hears some boys talking about Toujo calling her a dinosaur, but Junpei (By nature) Defends her saying that she would look nice if she took of her glasses and did something with her hair, but the boys think his crazy (How they'll eat their words) also note Tsukasa is in the doorway nearby listening to him defending Toujo, anyways after skool he asks Tsukasa to wait at the jungle jim, waiting in the bushes are his friends and behind a tree hides Toujo, Junpei runs in and then does one (terrible) pull up the asks her to go out with him, to everyones surprise she says yes, behind the tree Toujo's hair gets messed up by the wind so she undoes it and takes off her glasses after seeing his confession she runs away, but to Junpeis horror he sees her running realising it's her (not knowing it's Toujo) he sees that he's confessed to the wrong girl.

Having just started on manga (like last week except Naruto) I aint read a single one of the ones you've mentioned but I'll asume that they are a bit similar, but maybe not similar at all as this is based on the life of a middle skool (soon to be high skool) student in the world as we know it (for once).

P.S: Don't forget everyones entitled to an opinion

An offcolor soundtrack does not an original show make. Shamploo isnt original just for its soundtrack. Every character is painfully generic, Gene and Fu are probably the two most common anime archtypes ever. I can make a little list for you is you'd like but I think it's easier to set the ego to a side and just acknowledge that 99% of modern show concepts have been done before to some degree. The fact that in anime everyone looks practically the same do to style limitations(except for the rare gems by Satoshi Kon and afew others, which really should just be considered "animation" since they've done away with the big eye pointy nose bullshit) just makes the commonalities that much more obvious.

munin

Haha yeah.. Harem anime... I don't want to watch another one of those for a very long time. =/ Last Harem anime I saw was Yumeria.

Edit: There aren't many "original" stories or animation techniques left in the world..

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.