Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Please help I know most scripters can!!!! It's just a simple modification!

i want to change the distance the character moves every step. it is initially programmed to move like i thnk its 32 pixels to whichever directions you make it move to. i wanna make it move more pixels! i know that wouldnt fit the squares in the game, but just tell me where can i modify that in the script! thanks a lot, you will be remembered in the pages of history.

OKAY, so this doesn't start to become a bicker-fest, I have deleted the other posts here. Someone just answer the question, and John McEvan, please just pay attention to what forum you're posting in, yeah?

OS

Sponsor

Go into Game_Character 3. For each method (move_left, move_down, etc.), alter this line:

Code:
@point command= 1

where point is 'x' or 'y' and command is '+' or '-'. I hope this was clear enough for you. The larger the number you provide in place of '1', the further you will move.

EXAMPLE:

Code:
@y -= 1

to

Code:
@y -= 2

will double the distance you move with a single button press.

NOTE: This change will effect the Player as well as Events. To localize the changes to Player only, you'll need to copy the movement methods into the Game_Player class and then alter the values I described above. If you do this, be sure the copied methods are above the final 'end' command and below everything else in the class.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.