Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Planned Downtime *PLEASE READ*

shadow

Sponsor

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up, Falcon (the server RMXP is located on) is being moved to a new building probably sometime next week, causing up to several hours of downtime. The new datacenter offers a dual uplink, fed by Mzima and Cogent. We expect the speeds to be much faster too.

*** MOVE IS ALREADY DONE! ***

If you're looking for something to do during the server move, you can still connect to the channel on IRC @ irc.slacked.org #RMXP.
Instructions are located in the IRC Master Topic.

- shadow (irc.slacked.org)
Slacked Hosting Team

Are you gonna move the forums, redirect the link, to that other forum site again? forums2 I think it was called. Don't forget Kraft is running that Mapping Academy thing.

Mac

Just thought I'd give you all a heads up, Falcon (the server RMXP is located on) is being moved to a new building probably sometime next week, causing up to several hours of downtime.

They are moving the server not the forums, that means that its being done in the real world....servers are huge in most cases, so it takes time to move and set up again.

shadow

Sponsor

Ok, so the planned downtime went a bit longer than we'd hoped, but we managed to fix a few other ongoing issues as well.

If you see jamie on IRC, be sure to thank him for his hard work!

Everything's all set for the server move this Friday now, it basically just needs to be moved and plugged in, and it's ready to go.

Tana

shadow16;212983":lirtdabj said:
Ok, so the planned downtime went a bit longer than we'd hoped, but we managed to fix a few other ongoing issues as well.

If you see jamie on IRC, be sure to thank him for his hard work!

Everything's all set for the server move this Friday now, it basically just needs to be moved and plugged in, and it's ready to go.

The physical move will be on the 25th.

Out of curiostity, what time zone would that be in? I know I just asked the one of the world's most hair-brained questions but it helps to know these things.

shadow

Sponsor

We aren't even sure the exact time (or even day really) things will be moving. But if we did, it would be pacific daylight time.

jamie

We slipped up - since Monday is a public holiday in the US, the move will not be happening during Monday. It is possible it will happen on Tuesday, assuming that Mzima manage to setup connectivity in the new datacenter.

Up to date info is always available at http://blog.slacked.org

shadow

Sponsor

Looks like Tuesday, we're hoping it stays that way.

No, unfortunately this won't affect the download manager. This is just a physical relocation of the server in the real world. We have nothing to do with RMXP's content, we just host it. You'll have to nag at RMXP's staff for that.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.