Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PIKACHU SCRIPT

I've searched all over the internet, and can't find a PIKACHU script, as in the PIKACHU that follows you around in Yellow Version.
If anybody knows of one, or would be willing to help me out, I'd really appreciate it.
I need a caterpillar script that's compatible with POKeMON ESSENTIALS, and only applies to PIKACHU, only when he's in the party.
Also, if possible, I would like to be able to talk to PIKACHU and see his mood, just like in the origional game.
I would prefer to not have to use events for this, because it would probably make gameplay very laggy.
So any help you can offer would be great!  ^_^

Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I tried it with events, and it didn't lag. But it sure didn't look right. PIKACHU doesn't always stay behind the character, and he gets in the way all the time. I tried putting it on "THROUGH" and that's even worse; PIKACHU stays directly on the chracter. lol

I can't help you with much, but the mood can be solved with the use of variables. Make one named mood and put +1 or -1 depending the action the player do. When looking at Pikachu you just need something like
If mood variable > x: He's fine
<: He's pissed.

Ya, that would work.
Thanks.
I'm just not sure how I could use that with all the scripts, like the PC, battle system, etc.
Because most of the things that would affect his mood are in the script.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.