Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pictures in RPG Maker XP

Well I must say if that Battle System is evented with pictures it looks very nice, good work on that. As for the 50 limit picture in the Database this is deffinatly a way around it. Basically you can draw a certain picture aslong as its in a file by using this little piece of code;
Code:
    # Define the image

@image1 = Sprite.new

@image1.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("filenamehere")

@image1.x = 0

@image1.y = 0 

@image1.opacity = 255
This will show the image "filenamehere" at the (0,0) co-ordinate on screen with no opacity. This is not a standalone code and would need to be called in a dummy script of an empty shell to just show the image, then dispose of it. Its not an ideal method I know but it is pretty straight forward and easy to use. If you've got any problems, post back and I'll see what I can do.

Well I decided it would be easier for me to just put this in a very basic script for you, so here it is;
Code:
#==============================================================================

# ** Scene_Image

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#  This class will display an image on your screen,

#  when @Scene_Image.new is called.

#==============================================================================

class Scene_Image

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# * Main Processing

def main

# Define the image

@image1 = Sprite.new

@image1.bitmap = RPG::Cache.picture("001-Title01")

@image1.x = 0

@image1.y = 0 

@image1.opacity = 255

# Graphics Transition

Graphics.transition

loop do

Graphics.update

Input.update

# Update Method

update

if $scene != self

break

end

end

@image1.dispose

end 

# * Displaying Actor Graphic, Map Name and Sub-Regions

def update

# If B button was pressed

if Input.trigger?(Input::B)

# Play cancel SE

$game_system.se_play($data_system.cancel_se)

# Switch to map screen

$scene = Scene_Map.new

return

end

end

end
Just place above Main and change the image to whatever you like, if need be I can also show you how to make it change the image depending on which switches and such are active so that it can act as a secondary means to display images rather than just a static image.

Seems fine :P Altho the program dont like the @Scene_Image.new part :( I get message : NoMethodError occurred while running script. undefined method `new´ for nil:NilClass

Sorry I almost failed at scripting in school :P

Well that worked better :P Not the best result tho sence screen went black and all :)

Yeah I had a really bad teacher and I didnt get the logic of how stuff worked so I had a ruff time with that course :P

Using the Variables / Pictures / Condtion Branch Ive managed to do quite good stuff anyhow :) and ofc a ton of Common Events :P

Condition Branch if Variable 4001 (Player 1 Current HP) = 1
Show (Pic Number) 1

Condition Branch if Variable 4001 (Player 1 Current HP) = 2
Show (Pic Number) 2

etc :P

Its actully the Charaters HP / MP / SP .. Text (Numbers) thats eating my Pictures away :( One Chars HP,MP and SP takes about 5 pictures (10 if u were to have maximum to) and then another 4 pictures / char with the HP, MP, SP and ATB Bar :P

If only the program could summon HP and MP I wouldn't/Shouldn't need more pictures to be honest :)
That would save like:
6 Pictures for Current HP text (3 chars)
6 Pictures for Maximum HP text (3 chars) (If used --> Right nowdont have enought Pictures for it)
6 Pictures for Current MP text (3 chars)
6 Pictures for Maximum MP text (3 chars) (If used --> Right nowdont have enought Pictures for it)

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.