Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

PICSCAVENGER - HOT HOT HOT XXX - DEADline: 11/4/10

Picscavenger: Oktoberfest 2009
Picscavenger: July 2009

PICSCAVENGER OKTOBERFEST 2010
picscavenger2.gif

Get out you camersa's ....

Do you have a camera, cameraphone, or webcam?
Do you like objects, actions, and things?
Do you enjoy being a weiner?

If you answered yes to all or most of the above, then play PICSCAVENGER: THE CONTEST.

:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

:O! HOW DO I PLAY!??!?!?!???!?!??!

Look below for *~--- THE LIST ---~*.

On a notecard or small piece of paper, using a marker, write:
Hi HBGames! My name is _______ :worf:
(In the blank, write your member name. Yes, you have to write ":worf:" (colon "worf" colon)--or you can draw him.)

Find the thing, action, or scene, you want to capture.

Place the notecard somewhere in the picture. You can hold it up, you can place it next to the subject--doesn't matter. Just so long as the subject and the notecard are entirely within the photo.

Upload the picture to some image hosting place.

Post the picture(s) here. We'll track what you've captured in a list below.

That's it~

What are the r-rules ........

1.) Picture must be atleast 240x240 in size, and preferably no bigger than 1000x1000 (because big imgs are annoying).

2.) Picture can have adjusted contrast so we can see it better, and it can be resized, but no other doctoring or effects are allowed! Photoshop will not help you, nave!

3.) Obviously, it has to be a picture you've taken! Google will not help you, cheater!

4.) You can get creative. For example, if we ask for a Purple Stapler, you can paint your stapler purple, for the points. (No Photoshop recoloring!!!! Such cheaters!!!!! Shame on you)

5.) If we ask for specific people, you have to provide some proof that it's them. We don't care what the proof is (as long as it doesn't harm the security of their identity). For example, you have to have them post and verify it's them. (If it's a celebrity, provide a pic from a magazine of them or something).

6.) If the picture doesn't have a notecard/paper reading exactly what it says above, it doesn't count. Yes, that includes your name, and the worfsmile : worf :. It only counts if it's a real-life notecard/paper. Drawing/pasting one in digitally is cheating. Having yourself in the picture can be a substitute. But we have to clearly see your face, and have proof that it's actually you (i.e. separately, show you with the notecard).

7.) No duplicates. You can't do one thing over and over for more points. Good lord you're such a cheating bastard to even think of that, how do you sleep at night.

8.) Don't do anything to endanger yourself, bring harm to yourself or anything else, cause damage, break any laws, or generally piss off/annoy anyone. We cannot be held responsible for anything bad IRL that occurs because of your participation and do not condone illegal activity. ([/covering our asses])

Points, what are they¿

We have different categories of difficulty in these things. Obviously it's harder to capture some things more than others.

Rookie captures equal 1 point each.
Veteran captures equal 2 points each.
Hero captures equal 3 points each.
MEDOF captures equal 5 points each.

So it's not about who has the most pics, but rather, the most points. So shoot for the stars ***\^o^/***

P-PRIZES.......@_@;;;;;;;;;;

This is mostly for fun & gloating privileges.

If you get the most points by the close of the contest, you will get something special, though:
You will get a special usergroup only for you. Your name will be colored differently from everyone else's, and you will have a custom userbadge. You will also have an increased PM inbox limit.

Usergroup: SCAVAVENGER ~ color: dark red

This isn't permanent (aside from the inbox limit change). It lasts until there's a new Scavavenger winner. But oh, what an amazing few weeks those will be.

***If you want to sweeten the pot by donating money for the prize, PM Venetia.***

*~--- THE LIST ---~*
You don't have to get them all ... But the more you get, the more points you'll earn :0~
DON'T FORGET TO INCLUDE YOURSELF AND/OR YOUR SPECIAL NOTECARD IN THE PHOTO!

ROOKIE DIFFICULTY (1pt.)
You, with fresh produce (in a garden, not in a store) (1pt.)
A painted pumpkin! (1pt.)
Halloween or Oktoberfest-themed cookies. (1pt.)
You, in a sports uniform. (full uniform, not just the shirt/jersey) (1pt.)
You, walking under a ladder! Oh no, bad luck :( (1pt.)
You, with someone in the military or police (must be in uniform). (1pt.)
You, holding a baby under the age of 2. Do not kidnap. (1pt.)
A gigantic inflated animal balloon, such as what a car dealership would put on their roof (1pt.)
You, holding a Quran, with a thumbs-up. (Do not burn) (1pt.)
An advertisement for HBGames.org somewhere out in the real world. Must be obviously in public! (1pt.)
A chalk outline of your "corpse" on the ground. (example) (1pt.)

VETERAN DIFFICULTY (2pt.)
You, in a brewery (must obviously be a brewery--e.g., fermenting vats) (2pt.)
A carved pumpkin! (See Hero Diff. for another option) (2pt.)
A tombstone in a graveyard ... at night! (2pt.)
The words "HBGames" or "I <3 Venetia" written somewhere on your body. (skin ... nothing risque please) (2pt.)
You in a haunted house/maze (must be obviously a commercial one) (2pt.)
You, sitting on a toilet in a store that sells toilets (not in bathroom, on the showroom floor). (2pt.)
You, dancing with (or hugging) a mannequin or statue. (2pt.)
Your forum name appearing somewhere in public or on printed material, obviously commercially made (not by you). No name changes. (2pt.)

HERO DIFFICULTY (3pt.)
You, next to roadkill (that you FIND; do not kill any animals) (3pt.)
You, next to a windmill (old dutch style, or new 'windfarm' style, don't matter) (3pt.)
A pumpkin with an HBGames smile cut into or painted onto it! (3pt.)
A clown (holding your card). (3pt.)
You & your friends/family holding a Seance. (3pt.)
Your pet in a costume :3. (3pt.)
You, juggling something Halloween-themed (i.e. skulls, stuffed black cats, large chunks of candy, etc). (3pt.)

MEDOF DIFFICULTY (5pt.) :medof:
You, wearing clothes of your opposite gender (guys: skirts/dresses/high heels; girls: neckties/cumberbunds/codpieces) (5pt.)
You, with a current staff member of this site! (You have to be able to prove it!) (5pt.)
A painting or full-color drawing of your 5 favorite members of HBGames.org. You have to put some real effort into it; stick figures and lazy-looking coloring won't count. (5pt.)
Write "HBGames" on a mirror in red (e.g. lipstick), then take a picture of a mirror reflecting that (so it's a reflection-in-a-reflection-in-a-reflection-etc). (5pt.)
You, in a mortuary or morgue; must be obviously a mortuary or morgue. (5pt.)
A tombstone of a famous celebrity or great iconical figure. (Acceptable: A-list actors, people of very high governmental office, famous astronauts or military ranks, nobel prize winners, very well-known historical figures, or sports stars) (5pt.)

Note: Contest ends NOVEMBER 4th, 2010!

Participants Tally
_

Pokémaniac 29pts.
K.matt 20pts.
Kuidon 16pts.
Chalupa 2pts.

Holy FUCK Pokémaniac is THE GOLDEN GOD

Note: Venetia is the judge of the contest. She will not be participating in the scavenging. Everyone else is welcome to participate, however, including all staff!!!

Previous Winners:
- Kuidon (August 2009)
- $t3v0 (October 2009)

:| post here

also who would like the photos done here to appear on the hbgames facebook page?

if you'd like for your picscav photos to appear in the HBG facebook album just mention it somewhere in your post.

(i won't do it unless you say i can--and i would never tag or mention real names.) (i probably dont even know it.)

i remember lat year's oktober fest and to be honest it was really fun. im going to try and participate but i say that everytime but still im going to do it :D

bacon":1g8ak1jy said:
ps im not really going to participate because im sort of a prune ven and dont want to post my picture here :c
prune-smoothie.jpg
?

anyway you dont have to post yourself, you can do a notecard too.

If anyone is nervous about posting a picture of themselves, I will accept a notecard instead in any of the above circumstances, or a notecard in front of your face, or you can also post a pic where your face is edited out, but please pm me if you are doing that so i can verify you're not just cheating :)

if i can find a camera somewhere in my house i think ill play this , is there a restriction on the size of the namecard :worf: im thinking a bigger one improves distance reading

Tomas":3aje5olj said:
it has to be big enough to be readable on the pic, but it can not take up the entire picture
yeah i don't care about the size. it's more just about providing a thing that proves you took the picture and it's not just a shopjob or a googlefind.

i wanna participate in this one but i don't think i have time :(

i might try and knock a few easy ones though! can't guarantee i'll do all that great but it's better than nothing i guess

Pick a thing from a list and do it. there are 4 categories.

Rookie captures equal 1 point each.
Veteran captures equal 2 points each.
Hero captures equal 3 points each.
MEDOF captures equal 5 points each.

so for instance if you take a pic with [A clown (holding your card)], which is in the Hero list, you get 3 points.

general strategies for winning are to do either a few MEDOF or Hero list items for big points, or else lots of Rookie/Vet captures which're easy.

some of the items take some creativity but others can be done inside a minute if you have a camera handy :)

mawk

Sponsor

you're underage anyway :fingerwag:

I might do this if I can think of many to do. there is a dearth of clowns, staff members, and graveyards in my vicinity!

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.