Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Pick Pocket?

Dean

I'm making a game that similar to Assassin's Creed and I was wondering if anyone had/could make a script for pick pocketing?
I want it to feature the victim to be able to not just detect you reaching into they're pocket, but notice you reaching.
For example, you have 2 timer bars. 1 represents the victims notability and 1 represents your success. The higher thieving level you are, the quicker your success bar raises thus the faster you steal items. The faster you steal an item, the less likely your victim's notability bar fills before you succeed.
I know this may be a big request, but all I have to offer is credit :( thanks alot, much appreciation!

Vince.

Dean

I'm not that great with events >.< And it would become a hassle to set that up for EVERY NPC in the entire game... even with common events, you still would have to make several pages on the actual event itself.

Dragon you can bump every 3 days after you post.
If someone else posts you can do it whenever you want, as long as it's not spam or flame.

To do this you can do a common event system,
just put a option 1/4 chance to steal a item. Put it on
every npc and have it where you require to press a certain button
to pick pocket, simple stuff here. Then have it where they rotate
every so long, and have a row of events around them, and have it
where they activate when they turn that direction. If your caught you
get in trouble or in jail. Up to you on that, hope I helped some, no time
to do this, so sorry I can't make you a example.

Dean

eh ... honestly, a script would be more efficient and work better. because first, all those events floating around NPCs would get laggy, and really hard considering all the npc's are on random movement. Also, having a skill level for thieving would be really hard to work with events too.
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I just wanna wait for someone to take up the request ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.