Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Party Changer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, I am looking for an expansive party changer. Me and a friend are working on a game with a Suikoden type vibe and would like a party system that would work like Suikoden's.

If you don't know what Suikoden's is like well throughout the game you recruit many people for your army and they have a party systems that lets you choose anyone you have recruited.

So it would need a window with the names of the people you can choose from and If possible when you are highlighting a name a window beside it can give details (eg. Level, class, etcetera) and maybe a picture of the character. Then after you click on a charcter you would like to switch it would ask you who you would like to switch him/her with.

P.S. I know I can do this with events but that just makes it look ugly when you have to go through about 20 windows to find one person.

I have a party switcher in my test bed. It doesn't look like Suikoden (it might, never played it), but works and has 2 different ways to switch people (a custom scene or switching on the map).

I suggest the one in my Test Bed V.4 beta in my signature, not the one in my topic, as the demo there has an error in the party switcher.

I looked at the V.4 and saw that the large Party switcher menu I wanted wasn't there but then I went back and checked it out in V.3 and I think it would work. I may not be large enough but could work.
So I just wanted to know if you had made any changes to it or if I should just take it as it is?

And if I do decide to use it I may need to ask you one or two questions since I am still a noob with scripts.

Which code you insert? Trickster or Sephiroth one? Both of that has a bug!
Trickster: You can remove all player in your party, after that, you have no character in your party!

Sephiroth: You remove all your party then an error appeared!

Grant

The exact code I use is:

$scene = Scene_PartySwitcher.new

Hope that helps, mate.

PS. Do not forget to set the allowed and disallowed actors. By default, they will all show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.