Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Part of Chrono Cross Menu

What the Menu Is

Well, this type of menu is a little hard to describe without the right screenshots. So I actually suggest that if someone hasn't at least played and seen the Chrono Cross menu fully, that they don't try this. I'll try to describe it as best I can though, cause I think that this would make a good menu, and I haven't seen it done yet. I actually only want part of the menu for my game.

Main Menu Look

So the main menu is made in a different style. Each character has an image, and when that character is in the party, their image is shown in the background in the order they are in battle. The boxes holding all the information have a thick, white outline, and they're transparent (the boxes that is). So where's the cursor and the links to the other parts of the menu?

They links are at the bottom, displayed in a rising platform design with a cursor (obviously) pointing towards them.

NOTE: That this menus is made for a three-person party.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2720/chronocrossimage14iv4.jpg

Status Menu

The only real change in the default menu that I liked in the Chrono Cross one, is the show of the battler status. It shows the status in the white borderlined, back transparent boxes on the side, including what equipment they have, class, hand, and their status is. On the right, the battler image is shown (in Chrono Cross it's turning slowly; anyway this can be done if the person has the images to make it appear that it's moving around in a circle?).

Simple Changes I'd Like

Instead of taking the battler from source of the battler (instead of taking the image used in battle), I was wondering if someone could instead let the creator dictate an image (or set of images if desired to be rotating), for that character. This way it'll prevent problems with animated battle systems.

The only other thing that I'd like to use (that's different from the original Chrono Cross status screen) is that I'd like an elemental wheel placed in as well.

So that's the script I would like, and I would be most appreciated if someone could please construct this for me. It doesn't seem too difficult, but like I said, it's much easier if you've actually seen the Chrono Cross menu system yourself. I haven't found a screenshot of the status menu yet, but will post one if I find it.

If my memory serves me, this menu has already been made, I'll try and find a link to the topic thread for you, and then I'll update this post.

EDIT: Okay, I know for a fact that this script has been created before.. and I even had it on my local machine at one point.. before my reformat. However, I cannot find it anywhere on these forums, I've been looking for all of 30 minutes or so. I'm going to check dubealex.com too.. brb.

EDIT TWO: Well, no luck. Unfortunately this script has disappeared.

Someone please be kind enough to take on this project for Ammom.

I would do it myself, but it's been so long since I've done any menu scripts that I'm afraid that I would probably never finish it.

Good luck to you Ammom! ^_^

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.