Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

[Paid request]Custom menu system (pictures included)

Kelg

Hello, I previously posted up this request awhile ago, but sadly the guy I was going to pay for it
disappeared without a trace. So I am reposting this request.

I am requesting a custom menu system that will basically be a compact and adjusted version of the RPG maker XP standard menu.
It will need to be made to work with Dargor's party changer, and party arranger.
Here is the basic layout of what I am requesting(more detailed pictures will be included below):

menulayout.jpg

Here are some basic displays I made up to show what I am requesting:

The standard menu screen
Menu.png

A few notes here:
For the yellow box in the left corner, it should be a 24x24 image.

The minimap in the right corner should be a 125x110 image as stated above.

The small red dot should be an editable marker that displays the characters position
in accordance to the world map.

The black squares should be a 90x90 image that depends on the actor's character graphic.

And if possible, The highlighted choice should be slightly larger than the others, while
those not highlighted will be smaller and dimmed out.

Menu -> Status
Menu_Status.png

Notes on this screen:

The image above that is a blacked out character should be a 90x90 image

Same as before, the highlighted choice will be light and the unselected ones will
be smaller and dimmed out.

The front/middle/back is refering to the position based on the character's class.

Menu -> Status -> Character
Menu_Status_Character.png

The notes here:

The last name should be able to be edited within the script.

If possible, make the row of that character's class be changeable by left or right input while highlighted.

The skills and equipment will access the standard skills and equipment menus.

The only scripts that should effect this are the dargor party changing scripts and SDK.

Here is the link to dargor's party changer: viewtopic.php?f=156&t=23508
Demos(containing the scripts) can be found here if needed.

I am looking to pay for this to be done, so I'm open to offers from anyone willing to pick this request up.

Kelg":35dsxrh6 said:
I am mostly looking for people to send their offers on this. So you give me a price.
Also, I am looking for proof of previous scripting experience.

well, the price will depend on the hours spent on it

i published only 1 script but i have created a lot of scripts of my own that are still in development (they or their projects). I have a item system with 3000 lines of code, tactics and places systems, improved battle,menu,shop and save... and now im doing my first hability system script(50%).

Here a screenshot of the item system,obviously i use temporally graphics and interface positions:

menuitems.png

Kelg

Okay, but I can tell you now that I cannot pay you by the hour for this, as I won't be able to monitor how many hours it would actually be. It will have to be a set price.

Kelg":28c6xkhu said:
Okay, but I can tell you now that I cannot pay you by the hour for this, as I won't be able to monitor how many hours it would actually be. It will have to be a set price.

I dont have any idea, how are the prices for this? What was the last offer as orienttation?
Anyawy i will study your request and plan the work that the script will need.

kyonides":3nqq97oh said:
Normally no one would offer to pay someone for making them a custom menu system... maybe for a custom battle system but not for a cms...

Normally, but i have seen some examples. Anyway, i already told him that it wont take much time. The hardest thing is the worldmap menu and maybe the highlited resized choices. I know that exist the zoom sprites method, but not for windows. I suppose i will have to make all on sprites,no? Well, for my item system i created a mixed class of sprite-windows... or i can make a condition and resize the window, and make the the size text and the distances based on an algorithm. But this need of modfiing the draw methods to work by size.

Kelg

Someone is already working on it for me.
I was offering payment on this mainly because I want to insure that it is finished.. Everytime I try to get someone to make me something like this for free, they say they will do it and then vanish without ever finishing it.

Kelg":1pnpv70w said:
Someone is already working on it for me.
I was offering payment on this mainly because I want to insure that it is finished.. Everytime I try to get someone to make me something like this for free, they say they will do it and then vanish without ever finishing it.

then i have the job or not or what?xd

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.