Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

OverGrade System

Overgrade System

Okay I think this may sound weird but this is want. I think it'll add some Strategitic features to the game. Okay this is exactly what I want:

I want an OverGrade System that I will explain in detail.
I NEED THIS SCRIPT COMPATIBLE WITH THE RTAB

2 Over Bars
~~Overdrive
&
~~Overpower

These two bars control what I like to call the OverGrade. If your familiar with the Overdrive systems available this should be fairly easy to understand.The Overdrive and Overpower bars fill over time instead of in you attack or not(Kinda like the RTAB Bars). The Overdrive Controls if the player can use Overdrives or Super Skills basically. The Overpower controls if the player can use Overpowers or Super Powered Attacks using the attack command.

Both the Overdrive and Overpower together controls the Overgrade. The Overgrade is simply what a special attack might be in a fighting game. If both the Overdrive and Overpower are all the way up as in all the way to the right, the Overgrade command will be useable. The Overgrade is a specialized skill(Only one per actor.(Preferrably called by Element tag.))

I don't want it to be too easy to obtain so if possible I'd like the Overpower to go all the way back down if the player selects attack as it's command choice and likewise with the skills and overdrives.

I also don't want it to be absolutely impossible to obtain so I'd like for the Bars to go up in an unusual way. Something like:

baseatk * (battle_turns + 1) / 5

or something.

I'd really like this to happen and I'm willing to help anyone who decides to help. I'd even be willing to give him/her a sprite for their game or something.

But for the people who had the patience to read this far down the Thread : "Thanks"

~Thank you.

So basically, it is:
OverDrive (ug... kgc?) for skills...
OverPower for attacks
and OverGrade (combines the two)...

First off, let's consider the Limit Break script (it has a few more tweaks than KGC's now), since it does the skill thing.

Then an edited version of Limit Break for your attacks. Mostly, all you need to do is change lb and limitbreak values to op and overpower values. After that, remove the skills stuff, and alias the 'make_basic_action_result' def so you can add and additional damage routine to inflict more damage to enemies when the 'overpower' bar is filled. So far, there's no routine in Limit Break that changes the 'Attack' option to 'Limit Break'... I'll leave that for ya.

Finally... this is a little more complex...
Have a system that allows you to tag 'OverGrade' scripts (a mimic of Limit Break's would do)... and make a duplicate set of 'skill' related routines that bring up and enable skills when BOTH the 'Limit Break' bar and the 'OverPower' bars are filled... and empties both when an OverGrade script is used.

The basics are already laid out... any takers?

Well I could probably do everything myself if I had the knowledge to do so. I'm using your Limit Break system at the moment. I could probably edit them to make the bar go up with time but The Overpower and OverGrade is what I really cannot do.

There may be some promise in the [attack/limitbreak] changing option...

Getting an attack decision to 'properly' bring up and use only 'limitbreak' skills... without the SDK... multiplatform... :|

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.