Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Other-World: The Manse

Other-World: The Scourge

'Man has nothing to fear but fear iteself...'

Genre: Survival Horror
Approximate Time: N/A
Release Date: June 18, 2008

Features:
Active Battle Script
Custom Menu Script
Fully Interactable Environs
Night/Day Script
Hunger and Thirst Script
Multiple Scenarios

Game Synopsis:

Within the small City of Isaac there is a dark secret; the organization 'Silent Reality' has been spreading a custom-tailored poison amongst the city's streets. The poison's mysterious effects turn the denizens of Isaac into blood-thirsty abominations. The transformation has taken ten years to complete, however now the city's streets lay silent. Only the mind-numbing howl of 'The Scourge' remain amongst the streets. There is no 'Safehouse' that is assured safe from this threat, however three people from all walks of life have barricaded themselves within an almost ancient Manse. How long can they hold out?

Game Cast:

Name: Alen Lynne (Default)
Special Skill: Security (Default)
Former Occupation: Student
Background: Alen isn't exactly the most popular kid in Isaac High School, however he has been in love with the most popular girl in Isaac High School, Rebecca Laire, since he was seven. Alen and Rebecca were childhood friends until she became popular, then she seemed to forget Alen altogether. Since then he has been determined to become popular; He dropped Computer Classes and took up Automotive and Security classes and started becoming popular by being a 'provider'; If anyone wanted something, he would use his source to get it at half the price of the book store. That was all shattered, however, when the School fell into chaos on that fateful day.

Name: Jawan Haire
Special Skill: Marksman
Former Occupation: Police
Brief Description: Recent graduate from IPD Academy, Jawan is rather naive' in the ways of the world and is not willing to admit that he can't save everyone, that every-time he saves someone - another person is lost. He is slowly becoming more wizened to that fact though with the Scourge on the loose. In the end, he couldn't save anyone, he could only save himself. Since meeting Alen and Rebecca, he has vowed to save them.

Name: Rebecca Laire
Special Skill: Cooking
Former Occupation: Waitress
Background: Childhood friend with Alen Lynne, Rebecca is the most popular girl in school; which is quite humorous to her - because at her last school she was the least popular person along with Alen. She had forgotten all about Alen Lynne and moved on with her life until 'The Scourge' hit Isaac High School. She survived, though only because Alen protected her.

Armament:

Name: Browning HP
Type: Handgun / Single Action
Ammo: 10 Rounds

Name: Browning BD380
Type: Handgun / Double Action
Ammo: 12 Rounds

Name: Glock 19
Type: Handgun
Ammo: 12 Rounds

Name: Remington 7600
Type: Rifle / Pump-Action
Ammo: 4 Rounds

Name: Remington 7615
Type: Rifle / Pump-Action
Ammo: 10 Rounds

Scenarios:

Survivor - The Entourage has been trapped within 'The Manse' and has been surrounded by 'The Scourge'. Slowly, the blood-thirsty mutants have crept closer and closer to the Manse, and now for the first time, they have entered the house. There's been word from the Leran Imperial Guard that they will be coming to evacuate the three to safety as well as any other survivors, however it will take 144 Hours - 6 days in order to reach the manse. The three survivors have to play on each other's strengths and weaknesses - survive for 96 hours. Within this mode, a day will take approximately half an hour in real-time
Estimated Time: 4.6 hours

Story Mode - The story of the three survivors is told to a greater extent in this 'Scenario' than the others, and combat/invasion into The Manse is scripted on the story. this mode focuses upon the interaction between Alen and his love for Rebecca. This mode has no estimated time because it can last as long or as short as the player themselves wishes for it to.

Infected Rebecca and Jawan are infected with the Super-Soldier S-Virus and Alen has to find the 'Cure' to the virus. The game ends when either Alen is killed or the 'time to Infected' runs out (Game Over), or Alen finds the cure and the entourage escape to the roof. (More info coming)
More To Come

boon

Sponsor

No one has replied to this, so I will.

Right now, your story could do with a teeny bit more info to it, but that's not a focus.

Is there any story behind the characters? Could you share a bit about who they are as a person?

You should add those :3

Well the first thing that popped to mind is that the title doesn't make me think of survival horror at all! I almost didn't look at this because paired with the "My First Game" tag I figured it would be yet another swords n' sorcery adventure.

I'm adding a bit to each character, though don't want to spoil too much, but I will leak this, 'the Scourge' isn't you're average accidentally produced zombies, their mass-produced mutant soldiers with only the mind to kill - mass produced by a secret order. One of the characters' father is a high-ranking member of this order.

Sorry I haven't posted on this in a while, School has been really intense, however over the holiday break I've worked on it more and added two more game modes as well as nearly finished the first Demo. It should be released sometime next week.

~Update~
This project has been put on a temporary hiatus so I can work on the demo of my other game, Eternal Conflict.

Tindy

Sponsor

In all technicalities, "Nijigen" (二次元) actually means "Two dimensions (i.e., 2-D)." So yeah, it can allude to there being another world, but "other world" taken literally is translated at either meido (冥途) or anoyo (あの世), both of which mean strictly "that place you go when you die." Make sure that you're *SURE* of your words - nothing is worse than when people use words in different languages strictly for effect.

I've picked this project back up, I'll be needing someone to help me sprite but I will purposely be taking music from the Resident Evil series, especially one, two, and outbreak, to create a nostalgic feel. I also need a few suggestions, I am thinking of adding automatic weapons, but I need ones that can be found in private sector/police line of work, and that applies for shotguns. I'm also thinking of adding in a fourth character, and I'm holding a little contest for that, whoever comes up with the best idea will recieve a bit of graphic artistry from me. The character will be a hidden one.

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.