Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Osrc , the module for network developers and users!

Online Source Library - The Network Developers Library

Introduction

well, the Osrc module is a kit for network developers and users
it gives more methods like SDK and MACL but doesen't actualy re-write classes
this will less-lag then SDK and have some features that the SDK and MACL have
This module give you network support like Socket programming in RMXP (thanks to golden aura that
took the SOCKET class from RUBY) and some helpful methods.
you can edit windows and add a button widget into them in a second.

Features

# * Scene_Title
#   - $data_mapinfos added
#
# * Game Map
#   - Map name: added map name.
#
# * Game Mouse
#   - Fully added mouse support..
#
# * Input
#   - Added Input module to serve mouse
#   - Coded my own 8-directional movements method
#   - Coded Platform Movement method.
#
# * Bitmap
#   - Mouse Over check
#     Usage:
#     @bitmap = Bitmap.new(...details...)
#     if @bitmap.mouse_over?
#     ------
#   - Circle!
#     Circle a bitmap: @bitmap.circle! - will make the bitmap rounded
#
# * Window
#   - mouse_over? function
#   - clicked? function
#
# * Sprite
#   - Mouse Over check (if mouse enabled else it will return false)
#     Usage: same as bitmap usage
#
# * Socket Class
#   - Added the whole Socket Classes for network developers (GOLDEN AURA CREDIT)
#
# * Strings
#   - Added pixel_width
#     Usage: something = "hey"
#     print something.pixel_width
#    Thanks to VGVGF A.k.a ALEWORK
#
# * Object
#   - Added between? function to check if int is in a custom range
#     Usage: if 1.between?(0,3) (WILL ONLY WORK IN Numeric TYPE)
#
# * Game_Event
#   - check_comment(identifier,values)
#   identifier: the first object in the list
#   values: the range
#   return: the array of the comments sorted by the values.
#   credit to SDK team for that method!
I wrote my own methods and took some methods from other places
and from deep-deep inside of the .ORG
Things I didn't mention:
Input Module by Cybersam
Game_Mouse - The Netplay plus team I guess..
So if some one credit isn't included in the list let me know!

The script:

Osource Library Download:
Version 0.01:
http://rapidshare.de/files/41086283/Osrc.txt.html

Have fun, and use it for good, NoWaySkill/Kono!

e

Sponsor

You mean constrained movement? i.e.: strictly horizontal

Did you add jump (with gravity, projectile-like curve, etc.) and other nifty platform standards (i.e.: acceleration, torque, etc.) ?

nowayskill":3p1x7hky said:
Me(tm)":3p1x7hky said:
He didn't do these, he just put scripts together.
I did some...
Platform and 8-DIR is mine... and the window bitmap sprite thing

Seriously dude, not to be harsh or anything, but window, bitmap clicked and over functions have been in Netplay even since Destined worked on it, and 8-direction is even older. Instead, why don't you work on the stuff etheon mentioned

Me(tm)":3qoqkvpz said:
nowayskill":3qoqkvpz said:
Me(tm)":3qoqkvpz said:
He didn't do these, he just put scripts together.
I did some...
Platform and 8-DIR is mine... and the window bitmap sprite thing

Seriously dude, not to be harsh or anything, but window, bitmap clicked and over functions have been in Netplay even since Destined worked on it, and 8-direction is even older. Instead, why don't you work on the stuff etheon mentioned
Listen man, the NP+ 1.6.3/7 had only the BUTTON class without mouse check
they had to do
mouse_over def for each class, well, my clicked? method check  mouse over and trigger also, the 8-dir was wroten by me i choosed to wrote it i didn't take it from anywere and also the platform... This module also supose to be a collection of lot of scripts..

Ok let me share a few things and hopefully end this little dispute and direct the topic more towards what it is for.

A) Scripters can make the same method without copying it. I don't know how many times I've seen the same thing I have done in someone else's project or script that I did. Sometimes its just a matter of minds thinking alike.

B) Some scripters do use other scripters work. I don't think this can be disputed by anyone. Many scripters share work (which is why we made the method heading in the MACL that does clear states author name in it so there can be no "you stole my method" arguments). I believe I made the first and easiest method to draw autotiles and I have seen that used by many many scripts and Tilemap re-writes. I've probably had more of my work taken and used by others than most but if you share something, you better be ready for people to use it. Just the way it works. Although it is generally respectful to credit scripters for their previous work, no matter how minor it may be.

C) Unorganized compilations never work. If it is set of methods/library you developed and no one else's work is involved, then ok. But when you create a personal compilation mixed with others work without clearly stating "Include X by Y" people will complain.

D) If there is an argument of stolen works uncredited, then report it to the staff with evidence. It takes more than say so to prove anything.

Now if you have anything more to mention on the matter, report it or keep it to yourself. nowayskill, I suggest you going over your project and making sure all author's are credited for their work.

Thank you. <3

The link is dead. :(
Could you upload it again, on mediafire.com by example ?

Files I uploaded in 2006 are still here. :)

Or, I don't know, maybe are there new scripts about sockets and another web things ?

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.