Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

Originalish Magic system

Hey guys well i have a request for a magic system.
Well basically there are a few skills you can learn, and each of them you level up. Levelling up increases strength of spell and most of the time raises mp cost, etc. Well i made i diagram, think it sort of explains it.

for some reason, imagewoof isnt letting me put it in image tags, ill upload to other host when i get back again (1.5h?)
http://www.imagewoof.com/view_image/fb3892136/Magicsystem.bmp
Now so id need to be able to set up my spell, each spell could have, say, 10 levels and each level had increased strength or mp cost or whatever, to level up you'd need some points (which are obtained by levelling up or completing sidequests) and items, say skill tablets? inferno gems for fire? that sort of thing.

If there is something similar, please link me. Hope somebody does this =]

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.