Envision, Create, Share

Welcome to HBGames, a leading amateur game development forum and Discord server. All are welcome, and amongst our ranks you will find experts in their field from all aspects of video game design and development.

One part replaces another[REQUEST]

I am making a game, which is mostly in a ABS battle system. I found 1 I liked due to the flexibility of everythin', but I also found somethin' I didn' like. Makin enemys.
  At some points I want to make random enemys. Like, a random variable, then it decides which enemy appears. But my fav ABS, doesn't have this power. I am using BlizzAbs the most recent, but I like making enemys like that of Mr Mo's ABS. So all I'm asking for is the extraction of the enemy making scheme from Mr Mo's Abs and implanted into BlizzAbs.
  But, it needs to keep in everythin else. Including simple factors like choosing if its a critter, a box or somethin else, which comes in BlizzAbs. Here are hyperlinks bringing u to the scripts -

BlizzAbs
Mr Mo's Abs

Plz help with my request.

Make an event that randomly choose a number. Make conditional branches for each number that call the script in Blizz Abs that renames an event. have it rename whichever events are in the area to random enemies of your choice. Easy. Here's the logic more easily spelled out...

Random # 1 -3
If 1
  Rename event 001 to a Lizard enemy
  Rename event 002 to a Lizard enemy
If 2
  Rename event 001 to a bat enemy
  Rename event 002 to a lizard enemy

Easy enough

Guh? Wat does that all mean? I didnt understand much of that except (The parts in red)

Make an event that randomly choose a number. Make conditional branches for each number that call the script in Blizz Abs that renames an event. have it rename whichever events are in the area to random enemies of your choice. Easy. Here's the logic more easily spelled out...

Random # 1 -3
If 1
If 2

Easy enough

>.< Got an simpler way of saying it? :down:
Or come to think of it... Have u got an script that u put into the script event in RMXP that lets u change the names at will?

OS? Uh...yea, I got a script for you...

Can you do a basic lockpicking?

Also, do you teach scripting? Because I'm sure the nice people currently watching videos on scripting that teaches them nothing, would really appreciate it.

If you don't have a youtube account and don't want to make one, you can e-mail the video (if you make a video on it) to me, and I'll post it saying you made it. Swear I will give you credit. I'll swear to god.
So...that's basically it...
Oh! And, if you can't, wont, or don't want to make a video about it, just jot important scripting tips down on a notepad file or whatever and I can tearn it into a video from there.

Thanks a lot!

Halestorm5":n378a3t3 said:
Guh? Wat does that all mean? I didnt understand much of that except (The parts in red)

Random # 1 -3
If 1
If 2

Easy enough

>.< Got an simpler way of saying it? :down:
Or come to think of it... Have u got an script that u put into the script event in RMXP that lets u change the names at will?
I understand Hailstorms' point, though I also get what MagnusTheMad is also trying to say...sorta.
I think what Magnus is trying to say is that by choosing a random number, it starts a battle with the connection of this (all examples).
1=Rat
2=Bat
3=Hat (=P)
4=Zombie
5=Ghost
6=Cat (=P x2)
etc.

Is that it?

No double posting! I fixed it for you this time. Please read the rules. ~Raven

Thank you for viewing

HBGames is a leading amateur video game development forum and Discord server open to all ability levels. Feel free to have a nosey around!

Discord

Join our growing and active Discord server to discuss all aspects of game making in a relaxed environment. Join Us

Content

• Our Games
  • Games in Development
  • Emoji by Twemoji.